Epoch Guards with Options

Bungle

Hi Sarge,

Awesome work with this pack by the way. I was hoping someone would be able to give a quick run down on creating some Stationary guards for the epoch trader hubs.

Some people employ a Safe Zone in the hubs but I feel no place should be "Safe" in Dayz.

I would prefer to add some Guard Posts with Customizable AI Guards to keep attack zombies and bandits coming into range and alert players close by with Local Chat if possible.

Once again keep up the good work.

Cheers,

Bungle

Sounds like a plan to me, saw in another thread Sarge was pointing to the cfg_groups files so I will give it a whirl and see what I can come up with.

Also looking at the convoys between my new trader villages I am creating.

Yeah you can play with SAR_cfg_grps_[your map].sqf and place static AI wherever you like.

Can anyone help me figure out how to get my Epoch server running through Dayz.ST seems everytime i try to spawn the vehicles it says i need to restart which i've done numerous times and also I get kicked from the server aswell....

Can anyone help me figure out how to get my Epoch server running through Dayz.ST seems everytime i try to spawn the vehicles it says i need to restart which i've done numerous times and also I get kicked from the server aswell....

Epoch's vehicle spawn system is different to regular Day Z mate and teh .st control panel doesnt work in relation to vehicle spawns. Epoch uses a dynamic vehicle spawn system, meaning it randomly places its vehicles all over the map each restart - admins have no control on the positioning. They do however have a control over what vehicles can spawn and a rough limit to each vehicle type.This is controled through the dynamic_vehicles.sqf file in the missions.pbo Note that this is a "soft" limit though and usually allows 1 more than the limit you set; for example if you set the UH60 to a limit of 4, you may get 5 spawn at any one time.

Back