ETA on serverfiles for dayz 1.8.0.1

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Soul, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Soul

Soul Valued Member!

As title says, is there a eta on release for the 1.8.0.1 serverfiles?

2. Vilemouse

Vilemouse Well-Known Member

i would say maybe 1-2 days, if nothing serious has changed, i would then say the old files would still work

3. seaweeduk

seaweeduk OpenDayZ Rockstar!

If you're running 1.8 .0.2 will work without changing anything there's bugs though same as with 1.8 though....

4. Vilemouse

Was just told by visad abit ago that he has dropped dev of reality beyond 1.8 and is now working on the "Offical" files meaning whole new database etc etc

5. seaweeduk

seaweeduk OpenDayZ Rockstar!

Really hope someone can come up with some sort of db migrate script to the new format soon then. There's no more bugs in 8.0.2 than there were in 1.8 as far as I can tell anyway. I've been running 8.0.1 since release.

6. Vilemouse

Im sure there will be, but if not.. its going to be a whole new start on servers :D

7. rosska85

rosska85 Valued Member!

So I don't have to update my server files for 1.8.0.1 or 1.8.0.2? Clients running version 1.0.8.2 would be able to connect to my 1.8 server? I thought they said code had changed in the dayz_server files? I was waiting to check it out until Reality was updated.

Will be sad to see Reality ending. Have gotten rather used to it, really hope we don't have to do wipes to migrate to the new DB.

8. Soul

Soul Valued Member!

I'd like to get a grasp on all ramafications this will imply on our servers.

like hive maintenance??? is he going to use the current system or is it going to use
    the same system pwnozor private hive is using (pmain sql maintenace type stuff) ...
    custom buildings in sql database, custom loadouts on sql database ... all that kind of stuff...

9. Vilemouse

There won't be custom loadout by database anymore, this is due to them removing the child 999, which basically means... servers are more secure from hackers etc etc.. honestly the "offical" hive has always been more stable then reality, and is used in mods such as epoch etc etc.. its such a great hive

10. thevisad

thevisad Moderator Staff Member

Server files have been updated to 1.8.0.2