Hacking etc

Discussion in 'Anti Hack Tools and Discussions' started by Killzone_Kid, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Killzone_Kid

Killzone_Kid The Bad Troll

2. Phenom

Phenom Well-Known Member

It's why we started running whitelisting. We were in the top 100 and frequently had 50+ players on the server but now it's 4+ as players leave and new players don't bother to sign up so it's a no win situation.

Each time I turn it off the player base grows within minutes, though when it hits 20 or so people the mass teleportation starts, vehicles being created pretty much whatever you can imagine happens to empty out the server. I wouldn't be surprised if some server owners are in on it to get users onto their own servers.

When you can buy stolen licenses from $1 it's never going to stop, if you do ever work out a way to stop any of it let me know ;) the vast majority of them don't even hit the filters so there's little that can be done.

3. Killzone_Kid

4. shinkicker

shinkicker Administrator Staff Member

I did not know that, that is a much better option. I can't recall if the IP is logged (I am sure it is?).

5. Killzone_Kid

6. Killzone_Kid

7. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan Well-Known Member

What we really need is a server side script that can detect a hack and block it before executing. If you are going to go the whitelisting route you could use the pro + to auto whitelist people that join when you are on. Then when you aren't on turn whitelisting back on and it will only kick new people. You could also make a form to allow people to whitelist themselves if they register on your site.

8. Killzone_Kid

9. TheLaughingMan

I am on my third server

10. fred41

fred41 Member

... anti hack stuff is not really my terrain, i don't have a public server, so hacking is not really my problem ...

But this start to interesting me, since TheLaughingMan told me, that my MPFramework-hook,
    which i just implemented to speed up the login, blocks the "remote execution" hack.

I think it should be possible to protect especially clients too, by hooking some other parts in the MP-Framework.

So, can someone of the admins here give me an overview (or a related link), what are the most annoying hacks and what mechanism does they use to change the gameplay?

11. Killzone_Kid

12. TheLaughingMan

fred41 it blocked it for a while, not sure if hackers have found a way around it. As for managing my servers I have my own parser that goes through the logs as well as a team of active admins. Plus we are always on teamspeak so people can message us there and we can quickly look into things.

13. fred41

fred41 Member

... ok, RemEx sounds for me like remote execution (call RE), and selective blocking/ignoring this should be possible ...

14. fred41

fred41 Member

... does your logs containing informations about what code the hackers currently use?

15. TheLaughingMan

Basically if I see something that looks like a hack I update my parser to ban for it. Right now it is pretty crude but it works. Mostly stops teleporting and loot box spawning.

16. Killzone_Kid

17. TheLaughingMan

KK yes I use your tools, I am the one waiting for multi-instance support :D. I have an admin section where my admins can check inventories. I also replaced all 50 cal snipers, so anyone with them gets banned. For some reason hackers love those weapons.

18. Killzone_Kid

19. zedar

zedar Moderator Staff Member

20. HumbleUK

HumbleUK Member

Laughingman what server are you using? as in specs if you don't mind.