Hell yeah and WTB the RHIB

putrudius

Hi and thanks for giving this map a new look.

Our primary server runs Panthera and we have a loyal following of guys who love the map.

What level of further adjustments are you considering as a baseline? I'm assuming you'd bring in some/all of the core changes with 1.7.5.1?

As for vehicle changes, I'd like to be able to add the RHIB to the map. Given the widespread use of PBXs on our server for moving around the map, some RHIB's would really mix things up, especially for interdiction roles.

Looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Besides the baseline there will be some significant weapon changes. To get a first impression you want to test our 1.7.4.4 Panthera server. There will be some new vehicles too and about 200-300 spawnpoints, for roughly 100 vehicles on the map. Regarding the RHIB: gonna have a closer look on this.

Significant weapons changes, you say? And vehicles? Panthera is a great helicopter map and unlocking a few more of the helis would be fun. As for ground vehicles, perhaps some more of the 4x4 and 6x6 vehicles would be interesting. The GAZ_Vodnik ambulance comes to mind. How well does that thing chew up hills?

Are you willing to drop some initial hints as to what your baseline changes are going to be for a new release?

Quite chuffed about this!

We started to place the vehicles today. At the end there will be over 1.000 spawn-locations for deferent vehicles. And yes there will be some new ones too. We have not decided in all details, but the RHIB will be in (not sure if we are going to make the M2 in its front useless). And at least one other chopper will be in too. But by far.... thats not all. :)

I am planning a prerelease by end of next week though.

Shit, the RHIB has a .50 cal on it? That stinks. I thought it was an LMG. There's probably no point in bringing the boat in if there's just the unarmed version. It'll just be the bus version of the PBX.

Currently, anyone in a PBX taking fire from the shoreline or air has no way of defending themselves. People use them all the time for moving around the map quickly and attacking positions of other players, but they die fast to 1H's with decent gunners or someone on the shoreline with an M240, etc.

Are you able to edit the class of the M2 gun itself? Keep the model for the M2 but reduce the damage it does or force a caliber change? Make it do damage similar to an M60? I have no idea of the scripting capabilities at that level of the Arma engine.

Are you able to edit the class of the M2 gun itself? Keep the model for the M2 but reduce the damage it does or force a caliber change? Make it do damage similar to an M60? I have no idea of the scripting capabilities at that level of the Arma engine.

It is my first experience with scripting too, but I am not afraid to use google. ;) It should be possible though, but I have to check this before making any further promises.

Back