Hello. I am Mordy. Noob trying to build a server.

Mordy

Hello Guys,

Just thought I would say hello. Hope I am posting in the right place.

I am a noob trying to build a DayZ server on my hosted dedicated Win2K8 R2 Platform.

Its great to see a community where we can work and share various aspects of DayZ and Arma server related information. That was one of the things that helped with my success in other communities and games. So I want to learn and contribute with all of you.

Anyhow, as I am sure you guessed, I am looking for some help.

Started out ok with DayZCC, but after removing and attempting to reinstall it, things got out of hand. I am looking for some guidance. Someone who knows what they are doing, and who is willing to lend a hand to see another good server in the community. Id possibly be willing to pay at this point. I just want some knowledgeable help for a few hours so that I can get a handle on the major pieces. Trying to get DayzCC back online, and trying to understand the other (non auto installer) methods for setting up a server have been challenging for me im afraid. Im not a noob with servers, I have some basic understanding of MySQL and have a PHPMyAdmin tool for it on my server as we host other stuff. We have PHP installed although I do not really understand PHP or its role whatsoever other then it helped present the admin webpage and may be similar to ASP. *Shrugs.

I want very much to start building a community. I understand we will be hacked, and I will have regular backups and good system security features in addition to whatever the software does. We may even whitelist or password the thing. All that is understood and my pals and other game community members want to help, but first I must get the application established. Its not so easy for some.

Anybody interested in just helping us get started? Possibility of being a server admin is a given.

Anyhow, thanks for building this site and this community, its a pleasure to be here, and I look forward to playing DayZ with all of you for a long time to come.

Mordy

Back