Hell's Playground | Fully Militarized/Optimized DayZ Overwatch Server

NoZz

Tired of dealing with the notorious "Badmins" of DayZ Overwatch? Whiny kids, abusive power mongers, and worst of all, servers being overrun by hackers? I'm happy to say you haven't suffered in vain. Hell's Playground is a brand new DayZ Overwatch server that the staff have been carefully cultivating since the beginning of March. We are a brand new community, with plenty staff positions to fill. We take our server very seriously and do our jobs well. We squash bugs within a day or two of them showing up and are constantly making the server better. We boast over 25 custom scripts and donator rewards that are both powerful yet fair to other players. With the combination of well maintained inner workings, fun game play that is both atmospheric and hectic, and the sheer amount of vehicles we have painstakingly put on the map, we guarantee a good time.

Probably the most significant thing about our server is that we have changed the way DayZ handles spawning of items. While this doesn't really impact your looting, it boosts the framerate and performance of your game. This has meant an exponential boost in playability for most of our players. We even have some people who go from 20 FPS on some servers to nearly a constant 60 on ours. So what are you waiting for, join our servers and play!

Visit
hellsplaygrounddayz.com for more info.

We even have some people who go from 20 FPS on some servers to nearly a constant 60 on ours. So what are you waiting for, join our servers and play!

LOL. That's a bold statement and more fiction than fact.

I've played on the server with two different systems, one AMD build and the other an Intel. Using both Radeon (Radeon 7790 2gb running 16gb Kingston Blue, AMD FX 6-core Black Edition) and an nVidia (GeForce GT755M GDDR5 2GB, http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/ideapad/y-series/y410p/), there was no change in FPS with either system.

And I'm willing to bet I am not the only one who tried this with no increase in FPS. So to say a nearly 40 frame increase, guys, c'mon...you don't have to lie to get people on your server.

It is a bold statement and most definantly not fiction. We have had players say this and more of how well optimized our server is compared to most other overwatch servers. Not to brag but our server is very well scripted and we have modified scripts so that they allow our server to run as smooth as possible. Most server owners have poor understanding of how to improve playability and scripting in general. You will notice the difference once server is populated and you are lagging/desynching on your server and lag free on ours.

Last edited:
It is a bold statement and most definantly not fiction. We have had players say this and more of how well optimized our server is compared to most other overwatch servers. Not to brag but our server is very well scripted and we have modified scripts so that they allow our server to run as smooth as possible. Most server owners have poor understanding of how to improve playability and scripting in general. You will notice the difference once server is populated and you are lagging/desynching on your server and lag free on ours.

I've seen the scripting on the server....

It's located right here on everyone client: C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\MPMissionsCache\dayz_1.chernarus

I've seen the coding. There's nothing slick or mind blowing in regards to the mission side client files. I'm willing to bet the server isn't as optimized as you claim either.

Here's your halo spawn script: http://opendayz.net/threads/working-halo-jump-new-re-spawn-only.12113/

C.sqf, why that's your custom debug! It's alright. Nothing special.

I'll probably share your fog script with the community because it's actually quite good...Scripts\EF\F.sqf? Yeah buddy.

There's also a "fix" around here on a thread that claims if you change a certain variable from 60 to 3600 (or vice/versa) it is supposed to increase the server performance thus giving players better FPS. Come across it? I bet you have.

Deleted out all the commented line so make the files smaller in size...nice, but it's not rocket science. Not to mention changing all the custom loot table .sqf to things like BL, PS2, ZG, etc....

You can give us your Obama speech all you want about how well "optimized" your server is. Fact is, I've played on it, with two different systems, and your FPS claim is false (not that I care about your server, but I do care about this community and the nonsense some people spew).

My point isn't to be a dick, but to make sure other players on this forum are well informed from a person who has had first hand experience on your server when they come across this thread.

Last edited:
First off I won't argue with you about this, your entitled to your opinion. What's on the mission.pbo hardly makes an impact on what I mentioned. It is playable for those with a not so great gaming pc. Also what is the name of your server? so I can make the comparison myself.

Last edited:
Not an opinion. It's a fact. I tested your claim on two separate builds, both more than enthusiast level. You're not the first I've called out, and won't be the last. Good day, sir.

That's just it ur playing on high tier gaming PCs. You will notice the difference on low tier ones that lot of us can afford. Also the original thread was written by one of our staff on a different forum, I just copied and pasted to opendayz to promote further.

Last edited:
That's just it ur playing on high tier gaming PCs. You will notice the difference on low tier ones that lot of us can afford. Also the original thread was written by one of our staff on a different forum, I just copied and pasted to opendayz to promote further.

Happy gaming to you and your community. Wasn't trying to start shit. Just wanted to clarify my results (I'm not on a high-end rig with either of my systems, they are decent though).

Although, I did like all the features the server has. No hard feelings man.
The server is well built overall.

Back