[HELP] Backing Up and Restoring the Database

RoaRk

Alright people I need some help with this one. I am pretty good navigating the database, editing the database, SOME scripting, etc. but I can not get this to work for the life of me.

I am looking to have my server backed up every half an hour and to keep these backups for about 2 hours or so in the event that we all get teleported, killed, etc.

I have tried using Blueshift's Backup Tool here

It did make a backup of all of the information in \My SQL Server 5.5\dayz\data and it looked like everything was working perfectly.

However, I tried to restore the database with these backed up files, simply by overwriting the files found in \dayz\data with the files in one of the backup folders and it did absolutely nothing. Am I trying to restore the database incorrectly? Am I missing something with the backups? How do you all back up the database for rollbacks in the event of a malicious hacker attack? Please help!

I have also seen that MySQLDump would work, but I'm unsure on how to get that implemented.

how are you accessing the mysql database? I did a export on my production server and then did a simple import on my test server and it copied with out issue, this was using myphpadmin.

this is really a general mysql question., your going to need to Google "mysql backup script" there are several links that turn up on different methods of backup including what the down side of them are.

I wouldn't use mysqlf dump because that locks tables if i remember right and if your locking tables every 30minutes your probably seeing random yellow chains.

Start by loading your Navicat

Select your desired database for example: dayz_chernarus

Then select the 'Backups' table

Then select 'Schedule'

Next select a 'New Batch Job'

Then select Backup dayz_chernarus then select start and once it has completed the backup you must save it for example Automated Chernarus Backup

Then select 'Set Task Schedule' then select the middle tab 'Schedule' then select new.

Then set your start time as 00:00AM then select advanced

Then select 'Repeat Task' and then you want to set it to every 30 minutes for 24 hours.

Once you have done that select ok then apply it should ask for a password this will be your windows password.

Finally go back to dayz_chernarus instance and select backups and refresh the table it then will have created a backup with a date and time stamp it will automatically backup every 30 minutes or how ever long you set it to repeat.

^ Thanks for that write-up, but I'm actually using the official MySQL database tool not Navicat. There is no 'Backups' table that I can see, but hopefully I can figure this out from the information you have provided.

Thanks mate. We actually got it figured out the other day when one our players wrote us a nice little script. Perhaps I'll post it in here if I get permission from him. Our server is down now for reasons unknown to me (I'm primarily responsible for the dev. work and server doesn't belong to me), so I never really got a chance to play with it. Thanks everyone for the help regardless.

Back