Help with 3d editor

Ventana

Not sure if this is the right place for this but I can't seem to find an answer to my problem/

I'm having problems keeping things aligned after I save the mission file from the 3d editor. I have the mechanics of creating and adding buildings with the 3d editor. I spend a ton of time making sure everything lines up but after I save the file everything gets jumbled up and i have to reset everything. if i re-load the file I saved everything comes back in jumbled. for example i want to line up 2 sections of a pier. the height and angle is perfect. i save the file and everything gets moved and angled wrong and at different heights.

I get this sometimes and all I have to do is move things around a little bit in the 3DEditor, like move things back if they are being jumbled forward and the other way around too.

Hope this helps you

A good practice is first to add the object close to where you wan't it. Don't spend so much time aligning it the first time. Save it and then align, then save again. The more you use the editor the more tricks you'll learn ;) It can be a real pain in in the ass!

This happens because the bounding boxes around the model are touching. Unfortunately, you can't see the boxes in the editor (some buildings are worse than others), so as the folks above stated, you'll have to keep trying until it's good.

One thing though - you have to test by uploading to your server... even if everything is fine when you save in the editor, object models can still move when they are ported into the actual game. It takes some time, but eventually you'll figure out which buildings are more of a problem than others.

Thanks guys.

I'm trying to set this building "Land_fortified_nest_big_EP1" there is no other object near it but it sits at the top of a small hill. It looks ok but it tries to take the contour of the hill. I also had no luck trying to use the Navy Piers. I must have tried a dozen time and they just keep trying to take the contour of the land.

One quick question.

using this building Land_fortified_nest_big_EP1 is there any way to stop it from spawning loot and Zeds?

So do you want it so set level?
Use this command in the editor
this setvectorup [0,0,1];

As for your second question, yes, if you are using custom loot tables (aka overridden to your mission file).

Put it in the init field.
In buildinglootpos you can set so zombies and loot do not spawn for the object you want. It will not affect other objects.

Edit: oh, you edited the post. Did only read what was in my mail notification ;)

lol yes, I thought I found a solution.
I put it in init expression and i think it's working.

thanks so much. this was driving me nuts, lol. I hate giving up on something and I was getting close.

Back