Help With Overpoch Vilayer Setup

GR3AVE5Y

Hey there!

I've been trying all day to install overpoch to my new vilayer server and basically I've gotten... You guessed it, nowhere!!!

I've followed many tutorials and had no luck!

Tried many variations of this method -

• Install Overwatch via Acp (admnin control panel)
  • Rename @DayzOverwatch to stuff
  • Un-Install Overwatch via Acp
  • Install Epoch via Acp
  • Rename "stuff" to @DayzOverwatch (you will save a lot of time because you won't have to upload the whole @dayzoverwatch)
  • Upload the overwatch key to the main Keys folder in file manager: https://www.dropbox.....verwatch.bikey
  • In the server startup settings.bat add: @DayzOverwatch
  • Override the addons section of your mission sqm with this: http://pastebin.com/nunESDPz
  • Download the dayz_code.pbo and the bisign file (dayz_code.pbo.dayz_epoch1051.bisign) From the "@Dayz_epoch/Addons" folder
  • Delete the 2 files in "@DayzOverwatch/Addons" that have the same name, and upload the 2 files you downloaded from the epoch folder.

Watched this video -

Could somebody please help me!?

Thanks in advance...

GR3AVE5Y

Server IP: 188.227.181.106:2302

Somebody should finally write a nice clean Tutorial on this since so many people have so much problems with this.

Back to Topic:
- Install Epoch on your Server
- Upload Overwatch Client Files (2GB) to your server
- edit your server launch parameters to "-mod=@DayZOverwatch;@dayZEpoch;@DayZEpochServer"
(Rename the @Names to the folder names if necessary)
Done!

"Only" thing you have to do is to set up custom loot tables, trader Menu and dynamic_Vehicles.sqf withe the new weapons and Vehicles ;)

Thanks for the reply mate but i'm just getting the 'Wait for Host' screen now and my names flashing in the top right of the screen :confused:

P.S. I have a @DayZOverwatchServerCustom instead of the @DayZEpochServer... Even if I try to change the name it just reverts back to the overwatch name... I installed overwatch via the control panel using Epoch Manager.

I tried running it as "-mod=@DayZOverwatch;@DayZ_Epoch;@DayZOverwatchServerCustom" with the same results... Wait for host screen.

Could this be the problem?

NO OVERWATCH SERVER FILES! Only Client!
@DayzOverwatch << Overwatch Client Files (bunch of PBOs in it)
@DayZ_Epoch << Epoch Client Files (bunch of PBOs in ti)
@Dayz_Epoch_Server << Epoch Server Files (only a dayz_server.pbo)

NO OVERWATCH SERVER FILES! Only Client!
@DayzOverwatch << Overwatch Client Files (bunch of PBOs in it)
@DayZ_Epoch << Epoch Client Files (bunch of PBOs in ti)
@Dayz_Epoch_Server << Epoch Server Files (only a dayz_server.pbo)

Ok I've got the @DayzOverwatch, @DayZ_Epoch & @Dayz_Epoch_Server folders up and when I join with this "-mod=@DayZOverwatch;@DayZ_Epoch;@DayZEpochServer" in the startup command I join, press ok in the lobby then it just sits on this screen -
2i90dwg.jpg

Thanks for the help so far dude!!!

P.S. The server gets the egg timer on DayZ commander too until I restart it.

Also every time I restart the server it is making a @DayZOverwatchServerCustom folder :( which must be causing the issue?

Last edited:
Heres how, and I've done it myself. Note this is all done on the Vilayer ACP.

1. Make sure you're running an Epoch Server.
2. Go to Epoch Manager - Beta
3. Select "Download Overwatch Mod Files" and execute (wait till it finishes)
4. Go to Startup Settings
5. Select "Start of List" and enter "@DayzOverwatch" without the quotes and execute.
6. Launch your server using the parameters, "-mod=@DayzOverwatch" without the quotes
7. Enjoy your new Overpoch Server.

Videos on how to create custom safes zones, traders, loot table can all be found on the Dayz Epoch Forums and are very informative.

Heres how, and I've done it myself. Note this is all done on the Vilayer ACP.

1. Make sure you're running an Epoch Server.
2. Go to Epoch Manager - Beta
3. Select "Download Overwatch Mod Files" and execute (wait till it finishes)
4. Go to Startup Settings
5. Select "Start of List" and enter "@DayzOverwatch" without the quotes and execute.
6. Launch your server using the parameters, "-mod=@DayzOverwatch" without the quotes
7. Enjoy your new Overpoch Server.

Videos on how to create custom safes zones, traders, loot table can all be found on the Dayz Epoch Forums and are very informative.

Think I've done this right.... But number 5 & 6 i'm unsure of, once I've executed the "@DayzOverwatch" at the start of the list... do I then add "-mod=@DayzOverwatch" at the end of the list or is step 6 just to verify what it should say once step 6 has been done?

If so then i'm just getting wait for host and the ping of the server is at a constant 10000 now lol.

Thanks for the help so far!

* UPDATE *

I have a feeling this problem is on vilayers side because I've tried Epoch on it's own and Overwatch and when I join the server I still get this...

2i90dwg.jpg

Last edited:
Step five is completed in the Startup Settings of the Services Tab in the Vilayer ACP. Step six however is entered into your additional launch parameters in Dayz Commander so that your game client recognizes you're joining an Epoch Server with additional mod files included, these being the Overwatch mod files. So you'd enter "-mod=@DayzOverwatch" without quotes into your additional launch parameters, hit done and join your server using Dayz Commander.

In regards to the connection problem you are receiving you might have corrupted a file or changed something you shouldnt have by accident through the whole process of creating the Overpoch server from before. My suggestion to you would be to go into the Services Tab of the ACP and click on Restore Source Code, this backs up your epoch Server and Mission Folders then does a complete fresh reinstall of the entire Dayz Package. This should give you a perfectly good, working copy of the server files to work with, then follow the steps to convert it to Overpoch, make sure Chernarus is your map.

The only reason I also state to download the Overwatch files using the Epoch Manager - Beta is because FTP clients such as filezilla, when uploading large files, possibly can corrupt them upon upload, this happened twice to me when I tried the whole Overpoch thing and it caused huge problems on the server, to avoid that download them through Vilayer, delete the one you have if you haven't.

Last edited:
Step five is completed in the Startup Settings of the Services Tab in the Vilayer ACP. Step six however is entered into your additional launch parameters in Dayz Commander so that your game client recognizes you're joining an Epoch Server with additional mod files included, these being the Overwatch mod files. So you'd enter "-mod=@DayzOverwatch" without quotes into your additional launch parameters, hit done and join your server using Dayz Commander.

In regards to the connection problem you are receiving you might have corrupted a file or changed something you shouldnt have by accident through the whole process of creating the Overpoch server from before. My suggestion to you would be to go into the Services Tab of the ACP and click on Restore Source Code, this backs up your epoch Server and Mission Folders then does a complete fresh reinstall of the entire Dayz Package. This should give you a perfectly good, working copy of the server files to work with, then follow the steps to convert it to Overpoch, make sure Chernarus is your map.

The only reason I also state to download the Overwatch files using the Epoch Manager - Beta is because FTP clients such as filezilla, when uploading large files, possibly can corrupt them upon upload, this happened twice to me when I tried the whole Overpoch thing and it caused huge problems on the server, to avoid that download them through Vilayer, delete the one you have if you haven't.

The database was corrupt, Vilayer support fixed it and now it's up and running! At least I think hahah, Just got to do the other stuff now then hopefully i'm all set.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Back