Help,

Matthew

On my dedicated server we have TSW antihacks that does an INCREDIBLE job at catching hackers. However, whenever someone puts a script into affect that isn't very obvious we have very little knowledge of where to begin in our search of said hacker. Does anyone have any suggestions / programs / ideas (other than whitelist) that would enable us to at the very least make sure a mass-killing doesn't happen again by the same person? Any information on rollbacks would also be amazing too!
Thanks!
US 1505

Unfortunately, it's not the easiest thing to do to catch mass killers. The only thing I can recommend is, if you have an active admin, try to grab a screenshot of the player list on TSW when the mass kill happens. Then do a search for every player in your script.log. If your lucky, there should be one player which isn't in your log. This normally means he has a log bypass and most probably a hacker. This is something I personally do but I have yet to get confirmation that this process is a valid way to catch hackers.

In regards to roll backs, you will need to backup your SQL database periodically. This can be done by running a backup batch file via Windows 'Task Scheduler' at your own specified time interval (mine is every 15min though 1 hour seem to be more common). To roll back the server, you just need to open the .SQL file via your database client (I use MySQL Workbench) and execute the script. I'll PM you my backup batch file and tell me how it goes. :)

Back