HiveExt.log

king2k

I updated the server a few days back. All seems to be running fine. However I noticed now that there is no updates in the hiveExt.log since I upgraded. Is there a setting for enabling logging now? Also the hivext debug screen is not showing. Maybe I did something wrong with the upgrade.

Anyone else experienced something similar?

I upgraded from the latest bliss to reality.

Add this to your hive.ini file

Code:
[Logger]
;Possible values: trace, debug, information, notice, warning, error, critical, fatal, none
;They are sorted by importance (low to high), with trace being the most verbose, and none would turn off logging
;This controls both the file output level, and the console output level
Level = information

;Uncomment this option to override the logging level for the console only
;The specified level can only be higher than the global one, setting lower values will have no effect
;So for example, if you want to have information-level logs in your file, but only warning-level and higher in your console
;You would uncomment this option and set it to warning
;Leaving it commented out means there's no special level for the console, so it will just use the global one
ConsoleLevel = information

;By default, the HiveExt console log output will go to the Arma2 server window, with colour highlighing by importance
;If you want to use the old style, separate windows console window for the HiveExt log output, set this option to true
SeparateConsole = true

thanks man! Will add it straight away. With this set then all is running great.

You should add the above to the .ini file on github.

Back