HOW TO ADD MORE BUILDINGS TO BASE BUILDING 1.2

Ok. Thank you for quick reply.

I'll wait till this is sorted

Good luck with new job ;)
cheers :) as its Friday I should have all weekend to work on this and should have a new fangdangle howto up by sunday, how ever if I figure out anything important I will post it here so you guys don't have to wait all week end :)

iam doing the new how to from a clean fresh install of every thing so I may go so far as to include everything (even how to install base building)

It's always the way. You got the weekend to work on this. I gotta work all weekend lol.

Well I'll look forward to the update if you manage to get things sorted
;)

lol keep posting, I have manged to get the in game diary to show up and a few other "fancy" thing which if time permits ill post on the forums as well, hmm maybe ill create a new topic Sheeps Guides and add all my custom stuff into it :p

well gotta get back to work so this is last reply/post

Hmm, I added "Plastic_Pole_EP1_DZ" to the build-recepies, but when after selecting it from the recipies it won´t show up as a model, the code is set to "000000" and it is not written to the database...

Any ideas?

Hmm, I added "Plastic_Pole_EP1_DZ" to the build-recepies, but when after selecting it from the recipies it won´t show up as a model, the code is set to "000000" and it is not written to the database...

Any ideas?

Changed the Plastic Pole to Land_Antenna. Works great. Dunno why, though.

I tried to add the burning Barrel (Land_Fire_burning_barrel) to the list... added it to

dayz_code/dy_work/build_list.sqf
dayz_server/init/server_functions.sqf

added "Land_Fire_burning_barrel" to the safeObject in dayz_code/init/variables.sqf
added a nice jpg,
added a new entry to the deployable table in the DB...

Players can build the barrel. But it is not written to the database (instance_deployables) and so the barrels disappear after server restart.

The Land_Antenna, which I added a few days before, works perfectly.

I´m puzzled here.

Edit... maybe it´s because the burning barrel is an animated object? Just a laymans guess here...

Hey Having a great time with this mod, Just curious though, is there a way to increase the range on the Remove feature. Some buildings it is a nightmare to try and track down just the right spot to remove it :(

Also wondering if anyone knows a clever way to make it so loot and zombies cannot spawn near plot poles? Any help greatly appreciated!
Hans

Hey Having a great time with this mod, Just curious though, is there a way to increase the range on the Remove feature. Some buildings it is a nightmare to try and track down just the right spot to remove it :(

Also wondering if anyone knows a clever way to make it so loot and zombies cannot spawn near plot poles? Any help greatly appreciated!
Hans

Ahoy Hans... to remove Zombies from your base, user this here... works like charm.
http://dayzepoch.com/forum/index.php?/topic/616-zombie-free-bases/

So I've added a bunch of buildings with the assistance of your write-up (thanks!) and I seem to be having an issue. Every building that i've added, I cannot build. It begins to place the building and then it says "House cannot be built inside of building" even if I am nowhere near a building (I went out to the middle of an empty field to try).

I also seem to be having an issue with some buildings that when I go to build them, I am INSIDE of them, therefore if I were to place them, I would die or at least be severely injured. Does anyone have a fix or advice for this?

Hans

To stop bases spawning zombies in 1.7.7.1 you just need to add each deployable to a mission side CfgBuildingLoot.hpp and set

zombieChance = 0;
minRoaming = 0;
maxRoaming = 0;

To stop bases spawning zombies in 1.7.7.1 you just need to add each deployable to a mission side CfgBuildingLoot.hpp and set

zombieChance = 0;
minRoaming = 0;
maxRoaming = 0;

Is there a method the do this by an array? I don't want to add each deployable to the CfgBuildingLoot.hpp

I added an array to variables.sqf (mission-side)

Code:
baseBuildingRemoveZombies = ["Concrete_Wall_EP1","WarfareBDepot","Base_WarfareBBarrier10xTall","WarfareBCamp"];

just to call it in CfgBuildingLoot.hpp like

Code:
// This is a "I dont spawn anything" template
class None {
        zombieChance = 0;
        minRoaming = 0;
        maxRoaming = 0;
        zombieClass[] = {};
        lootChance = 0;
        lootPos[] = {};
        lootType[] = {};
        hangPos[] = {};
        vehPos[] = {};
    };

// This is my actual array of deployables set to spawn zilch
class baseBuildingRemoveZombies: None {
            zombieChance = 0;
            minRoaming = 0;
            maxRoaming = 0;
            zombieClass[] = {};
            lootChance = 0;
            lootPos[] = {};
            itemType[] = {};
        };

so my players have built things such as the Land_hangar_2 and when you land on the roof you are tele'd down inside of the hangar, i've tried this with other hangars already ingame and you dont fall through them. anyone got a fix for this?

zombieChance = 0;
minRoaming = 0;
maxRoaming = 0;

Doesn´t work, by the way...

Did this in the CfgBuidlingLoot.hpp

Code:
class WarfareBDepot {
        zombieChance = 0;
        minRoaming = 0;
        maxRoaming = 0;
    };

Zombies still spawning around this building.

Doesn´t work, by the way...

Did this in the CfgBuidlingLoot.hpp

Code:
class WarfareBDepot {
        zombieChance = 0;
        minRoaming = 0;
        maxRoaming = 0;
    };

Zombies still spawning around this building.

You need one entry in CfgBuidlingLoot.hpp

Code:
class BaseBuilding: Default {
zombieChance = 0;
minRoaming = 0;
maxRoaming = 0;
zombieClass[] = {"zZombie_Base","z_hunter","z_teacher","z_suit1","z_suit2","z_worker1","z_worker2","z_worker3","z_villager1","z_villager2","z_villager3"};
lootChance = 0;
lootPos[] = {};
lootType[] = {};
hangPos[] = {};
vehPos[] = {};
};

then you need to assign each buildable to that new entry in CfgBuildingPos.hpp it works fine

Code:
class ZavoraAnim: Basebuilding {
maxRoaming = 0;
};

Code:
zombieChance = 0;
minRoaming = 0;
maxRoaming = 0;
zombieClass[] = {"zZombie_Base","z_hunter","z_teacher","z_suit1","z_suit2","z_worker1","z_worker2","z_worker3","z_villager1","z_villager2","z_villager3"};
lootChance = 0;
lootPos[] = {};
lootType[] = {};
hangPos[] = {};
vehPos[] = {};
};

then you need to assign each buildable to that new entry in CfgBuildingPos.hpp it works fine

Code:
maxRoaming = 0;
};

Ah! Now that makes sense! Thx, I'll check that out.

Which parameter is it to change how far away the building is from the character when placing? Ive been having issues with some of the buildings I added breaking bones, knocking out, and even killing characters when they (or I) attempt to place them.

Code:
zombieChance = 0;
minRoaming = 0;
maxRoaming = 0;
lootChance = 0;
lootPos[] = {};
lootType[] = {};
hangPos[] = {};
vehPos[] = {};
};

Code:
maxRoaming = 0;
};

Doesn´t work for me... sorry. I maybe having a stupid mistake or somthing... I posted my

CfgBuildingLoot.hpp --> http://tny.cz/173c4e4c

and

CfgBuildingPos.hpp --> http://tny.cz/ae361690

Maybe you could take a look at it and help me out? I´m really out of ideas here...

Hey thanks for the tut on getting more things added in. I've added a few more items, ladders, some sheds. I have players getting kicked for create vehicle restriction #32. the log points to one of the sheds I've added in.

Ladders work with no issue so far but Land_Shed_wooden and Land_Shed_Ind02 are giving CV #32 kicks.

Any help with clearing this up? I'm not a programmer but I can follow instructions so any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

find line 32 on createvehicle.txt, will probably look like:

5 "Land_"
Add !="Land_Shed_wooden" !="Land_Shed_Ind02" on same line

Back