How to deal with "people" on DayZ

Is there such thing as a "good" DayZ community?

• oh yeah!

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No....

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
With any DayZ community comes a community full of "one of those" kind of people. It doesn't mater what you say or do eventually you'll run into "that" and deal with the consequences. Here is a list of what "that guy" is potential of doing:

The list could honestly go on. But let's talk about what you can do to "WIN".

The trick is to say NOTHING. And I mean absolutely nothing. Do not acknowledge them at all. About 99% of the time they just want attention. It's no different than a hacker really. The problem is they don't get enough attention when it comes to being around others wether it's the people around them or online. They are angry inside and don't get the attention they feel they deserve. How them getting a hard on for making you mad is beyond me, but trust me when I say just play like they are not their. Talk to others in side chat and pretend "that guy"s comment isn't even there. I promise you you will "win". I the end, they will look like the stupid one.

Have fun on DayZ! And remember these wise words!

i dont see the list of what they are capable of doing. just curious how many i have been guilty of :rolleyes:

what you say is exactly what i aways told admins. YOU as an admin have all the power and their goal is usually to ellicit a reaction from you. dont get mad, dont threaten, dont rant, dont swear, ... just take appropriate action.
you can ignore them as long as they dont disrupt the game for others. often though their antics will escalate until you do react. make sure they realize what they are doing is unnacceptable and if it continues then remove the problem.

if you react with a tirade of threats and anger then there are now TWO people disrupting your server.

i dont see the list of what they are capable of doing. just curious how many i have been guilty of :rolleyes:

what you say is exactly what i aways told admins. YOU as an admin have all the power and their goal is usually to ellicit a reaction from you. dont get mad, dont threaten, dont rant, dont swear, ... just take appropriate action.
you can ignore them as long as they dont disrupt the game for others. often though their antics will escalate until you do react. make sure they realize what they are doing is unnacceptable and if it continues then remove the problem.

if you react with a tirade of threats and anger then there are now TWO people disrupting your server.
i can guarantee i am guilty of many of them :p about the only ones im not are cheating/hacking and voice on side :)

but i cant SEE the list so i dont know how much of an ass i have been unless i ask my wife .. and we all know how that converstion will progress ..:eek:

BNX6N7b.jpg

Last edited:
but i cant SEE the list so i dont know how much of an ass i have been unless i ask my wife .. and we all know how that converstion will progress ..:eek:

BNX6N7b
i feel ya :)
in the interest of completion ill start a list in no paticular order :p

Ramming bases
Glitching thru walls
Suicide chopper/plane into people
camping spawn zones/bambis
camping traders
robbing people as they leave the 500 (or whatever)meter no camp zone from a trader
camping bases
KOS any one i see (kill on sight)
hoarding vehicles
leading masses of zombies to peoples bases
pushing locked cars into areas they cant get out of
abusing admins\staff
abusing players
exploiting glitches
camping high loot areas

thats all i can think of for now, ill update as think of more :p

now i see part of the problem and why i said that you have to make sure the player understands what they are doing is unacceptable. except for the abusing admins/players and the glitching ... i feel everythig else is part if the game and is not only acceptable but encouraged. i have a very negative view of the epoch ... safe for bambi ... mentality.
so its official .... i am a dick

what is on my list?
complaining when you die.
bragging when you kill someone, telling them they suck
vulgar disruptive language, bitching
ummm thats it ... just play the game kill everybody whenever possible however possible and it's good and don't complain or brag about it

now i see part of the problem and why i said that you have to make sure the player understands what they are doing is unacceptable. except for the abusing admins/players and the glitching ... i feel everythig else is part if the game and is not only acceptable but encouraged. i have a very negative view of the epoch ... safe for bambi ... mentality.
so its official .... i am a dick

what is on my list?
complaining when you die.
bragging when you kill someone, telling them they suck
vulgar disruptive language, bitching
ummm thats it ... just play the game kill everybody whenever possible however possible and it's good and don't complain or brag about it
welcome to the club :) i to am dick

Somewhat off-topic here, but trying to demonstrate why a list can't be a definitive list.
KOS any one i see (kill on sight)
I am such a firm believer in Kill on Sight that I even own the domain name http://killonsight.us/ and used it for my server IP last year. Here is our logo:
NBhtOKY.png

And BTW: I did not run one of those PvP deathmatch servers. It was always a Dayz server meant for survival. But part of survival is avoiding those who want to kill you for your knife and watch.

I am not saying that I think EVERYONE should kill on sight. But at some point, collecting gear loses its appeal and the only thing that makes the game interesting is hunting down players and killing them. And this ties into why i detest overpoch and other servers with all the gear around (W.I.C.K.E.D, i am talking about you :p ), if what you lose upon dying is easy to find and has no value then there is no FEAR of dying, no loss, no punishment, therefore its not as exciting. And if you are one of the players who still enjoys the collecting and survival aspect, the people like me who will hunt and kill you like a dog make the game BETTER for you because it adds FEAR and makes you be more careful (or it should).

This was one of my favorite moments in dayz, killing 4 players before my partner could .. The thrill of the chase, the danger of getting killed ... This is what makes dayz fun. Now on some servers, to kill people is a sin. So my point is that what seems 'obviously unacceptable behavior' to the admin, might not be seen in the same light by the player. So always make sure they are told and understand what they are doing and WHY its wrong on your server.

Last edited:
Great thread. Can I please be added to the list? If at all possible. I promise I will join your server. Just le me know. Thank you for your time and efforts. You guys are truly the best.

Back