[How To] Join servers that have switched to the Steam Client

rhammer2003

Hello All,
I run the Hammertime Overpoch server and after my hosting company switched to the steam client I have noticed several people trying to join my server.
What I have been seeing is they try to join and immediately disconnect, this is telling me that they do not have the files from there "Arma2" folder copied to there "Arma2 Operation Arrow Head" Folder

So with this in mind I have decided to create a tutorial.

Admins if this is in the wrong place please feel free to move to the correct sub.

1. Copy all the files from your "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2" to your "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead"
2. Download "DayZ Launcher" http://dayzlauncher.com/ and go to the Mods Tab and download "Dayz Overwatch (0.2.5)" and "Dayz Epoch (1.0.5.1)"
2a. Right click on "Operation Arrowhead" go to "properties" then select "set Launch Options" and enter "-mod=@DayZOverwatch;@DayZ_Epoch" without the quotes, then click Ok
2b. Click on the launch tab in Dayz Launcher and select "Overpoch" then follow the steps below starting with "Multiplayer" in step 2 after you have done this for the first time you should be able to just launch the game from the "Servers" tab in "Dayz Launcher" after this.
2c. Optionally you can run "Dayz Commander" and install the mods thru this program.
3. after performing these Items Launch Dayz Launcher and search for the server of your choice "Hammertime" and join.

If you still can not join after performing these Items you can try to join a server thru steam

1. Right click on "Operation Arrowhead" go to "properties" then select "set Launch Options" and enter "-mod=@DayZOverwatch;@DayZ_Epoch" without the quotes, then click Ok
2. Launch "Operation Arrowhead" and click "Play", Next select "multiplayer" look at the bottom of your screen for a button marked "Remote" and click it.
3 Type the IP Address and Port number in the boxes "198.24.172.179 port 2302" for Hammertime, or any IP And Port for the server of your choice. then click "Ok"
4 The server you added the Ip number for should show up as the first item in your list. select this and click "Join" which is on the bottom of your screen.

If you have followed these steps correctly you should not be joining the server of your choice with no issues.

If you have any further questions or Issues you can reach me on my Team speak at speakdls2.teamspeak.net:20839
or you can PM me here.

Thanks.

Rhammer2003
Hammertime Overpoch server
Port 2302

Back