How to port DayZ Code to another map?

scottieo321

Hi guys. I'm having quite a bit of trouble putting the dayz stuff into another map. Not sure what files i need to edit and where and how. I have done some editing before so I'm not a complete noob but I'm not sure what needs to be done for a new map. The map I'm using is Thirsk yes it has been used before but completely forgot about and left in the dark so I'm creating a new mod on it with the owners permission to do so. So please could someone either point me in the right direction or give me some tips or even walk me through it all if they can be arsed. Would really appreciate the help guys and thanks.

No worries, I am sure we can get you sorted.

Now first off, you should be running a server of some sort (Maybe reality or pwnoz0rs build)?

If we take pwnoz0rs as example, there will be a mission file:

https://github.com/Pwnoz0r/DayZ-Private-Server/blob/master/MPMissions/dayz_1.Chernarus/mission.sqm

In there you will see...
Code:
version=11;
class Mission
{
addOns[]=
{
"chernarus",
"ca_modules_animals",
"dayz_anim",
"dayz_code",
"dayz_communityassets",
"dayz_weapons",
"dayz_equip",
"dayz_vehicles",
"cacharacters_pmc",
"ca_modules_functions"
};

You would need to change the following entry to your map name "chernarus",

So if your map is called 'Slough' then it would be "slough",

And same again towards the end of the file:

Code:
class OutroWin
{
addOns[]=
{
"chernarus"
};
addOnsAuto[]=
{
"chernarus"
};
randomSeed=4081731;
class Intel
{
startWeather=0.25;
forecastWeather=0.25;
year=2008;
month=10;
day=11;
hour=9;
minute=20;
};
};
class OutroLoose
{
addOns[]=
{
"chernarus"
};
addOnsAuto[]=
{
"chernarus"
};
randomSeed=4975929;
class Intel
{
startWeather=0.25;
forecastWeather=0.25;
year=2008;
month=10;
day=11;
hour=9;
minute=20;
};
};

After that you need to configure the server.cfg file
https://github.com/Pwnoz0r/DayZ-Private-Server/blob/master/cfgdayz/server.cfg
Code:
// MISSIONS CYCLE (see below)
class Missions
{
class DayZ
{
template = dayz_1.Chernarus;
difficulty = "Regular";
};
};

After that if you database is running (the hive) and you have the mod loaded, for example -mod=@dayz;@slough the
map should load up fine. If you have the same buildings as Chernarus, then you should see Zombies and loot spawning
around the buildings.

I already have that stuff setup I used Stapo's as an example and edited from there. The problem I seem to be having is either coming from the client files or the server files. It will spawn me in the middle of the ocean all the time but will always give me a black screen. I have to come out of the server and do a restart just so I can see myself swimming in the ocean. This happens for every new spawn and death if I move myself to the island via the database. Theres nothing much popping up in the RPT file either as to an issue which is not helping me at all lol.

Ok I figured out the problem now it was in the server_functions line 203 I think it was reading if (!_island) instead of if (_island) this was the default file for 1.7.7.1 server files. Everything is now working as it should.

Back