I understand that this is very noobish, but someone PLEASE help me create the DayZ db.

Chairs

I know, this is very noobish, but I'm at my wits end here.

My issue is this - when I try to create a server instance using MySQL it says that I can't because MySQL isn't running and when I try to run the command line MySQL it just opens in closes - when I try to open it in CMD it can't connect because MySQL isn't running. What the hell am I doing wrong. All I want to do is create the DB so I can finish the install and host my own HIVE.

Does Pwnzorzs repo require this step ? I had it setup and playing on it earlier, but I changed over to BLISS / Reality because of all the customization you can do with it.

Please, if anyone can help. I have a copy of dota 2 or a tf2 hat or something I can give away. I'm seriously about to break my server.

Edit -

This is the part I'm having issues with

1. For this step, you will need to use one of several MySQL administrative utilities to execute some SQL queries. These utilities include the MySQL Command Line Interface (which is bundled with the MySQL Server install for Windows) and various free and commercial GUI utilities. We recommend HeidiSQL if you want a graphical interface (http://www.heidisql.com/). Once you have connected to your database as the root user (you set the password for this user when you installed MySQL Server), execute the following SQL queries (be sure to change the password in the second query from CHANGEME):
    create database dayz; create user 'dayz'@'localhost' identified by 'CHANGEME'; grant all privileges on dayz.* to 'dayz'@'localhost';

I'm pretty sure I do. I just downloaded the MySQL suite from the website (it came with command line, server5.5, workbench and a couple other things)

The weird thing is that I've taken classes on SQL, but it seems as if I've forgotten everything.

I'm pretty sure I do. I just downloaded the MySQL suite from the website (it came with command line, server5.5, workbench and a couple other things)

The weird thing is that I've taken classes on SQL, but it seems as if I've forgotten everything.

Ussing Navicat or workbench connect to the database, then create a new query and run this make sure to change the password from CHANGEME to someething else. Thiss is your user 'dayz'@'localhost' you can change localhost to % for any host.

create database dayz; create user 'dayz'@'localhost' identified by 'CHANGEME'; grant all privileges on dayz.* to 'dayz'@'localhost';

Thevisad, i really appreciate you replying. I have navicat / heidi sql and have tried them both. The issue is that i can't connect, period. It keeps saying that there isn't a server instance running on 127.0.0.1 and when i try to create a server it won't let me because there isn't an instance running. When i get home i'll post screens if i can.

Btw, running on server 03 if that matters.

What is the IP address of your server? 127.0.0.1 is your local machine, if the database is not on that machine you will need to access it on the correct IP.

The database should be on my machine, but it's not letting me create it. I know the solution to this is going to be so basic it shames myself and my family.

Visad,

I just want to thank you man. I guess in my delusional state last night I installed SQL for client instead of server. After watching the video I went back and deleted my instal and started fresh. You really saved me hours of more headbutting.

If you're interested I have an extra copy of dota 2 or something I could gift you on steam.

Back