I'm ripping my hair out trying to add stuff to the Epoch map.

NinjaRun09

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. I have tried so many things with so little progress. First I get a "This map is dependant on Map_eu" or something like that, next thing I get is "CreateVehicle Restriction#49". Can I please get a clean tutorial on how to fix this or add buildings to Epoch? I'm running an indipendant server.

You've just hit upon a few restrictions. Map_eu can be used to show buildings in the editor, but in order for your players to see the buildings they'll need to have the addon installed as well, which isn't a great solution.

Search for these addons, they'll add a number of buildings with no client download -

- Jon_EditorUpdate - includes many Chernarus buildings
- ASG - Takistan style buildings
- OA_Editor - more Takistan

Map_eu adds a lot of cool things like plants, walls and fences, but unless your server is whitelisted and you can force your players to download the addon, it probably isn't an option.

Not sure what restriction #49 is, but many new map designers make the mistake of trying to place weapons/ammo boxes/vehicles into their maps. You can't do that, it freaks the game out. The only (non-scripting) way you can spawn loot is to place a building that spawns loot. Not sure if you did that or not, just saying.

You've just hit upon a few restrictions. Map_eu can be used to show buildings in the editor, but in order for your players to see the buildings they'll need to have the addon installed as well, which isn't a great solution.

Search for these addons, they'll add a number of buildings with no client download -

Map_eu adds a lot of cool things like plants, walls and fences, but unless your server is whitelisted and you can force your players to download the addon, it probably isn't an option.

Not sure what restriction #49 is, but many new map designers make the mistake of trying to place weapons/ammo boxes/vehicles into their maps. You can't do that, it freaks the game out. The only (non-scripting) way you can spawn loot is to place a building that spawns loot. Not sure if you did that or not, just saying.

Really? I can't place Boxes? HOLY HELL THATS THE PROBLEM. Thanks mate!

Now whenever I join, it says "Waiting for Host" and in the server log it says "16:31:17 Mission DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus read from bank.
"

How are you entering new buildings? In the database directly, or in a sqf?

I'm using Jonupdate, I open up DayZ with DayZCommander and press Ctrl E. Add all the buildings, press Save. In myDocs, I go to my accounts, missions, the map, and take the mission SQF and put it in a new folder in the Epoch.DayZ.Chernarus.11 called "Buildings". Then in the init.sqf, I add on the bottom line "[] execVM "Buildings\Newstuff.sqf";". Is there a step I'm missing?

I don't really know a lot about Epoch, but if addons work the same as vanilla (I think they do) then you need to strip out the CENTER, GROUP and UNIT objects you placed in the mission file to save the file. Then you need to remove the code at top and bottom and wrap ONLY the VEHICLE code (buildings) in this -

Code:
if (isServer) then {

MISSION CODE HERE

};

Take a look at this to see an example. Then save it as WHATEVER.sqf, add to your init, repack and upload your mission pbo and restart your server. Good luck!

I don't really know a lot about Epoch, but if addons work the same as vanilla (I think they do) then you need to strip out the CENTER, GROUP and UNIT objects you placed in the mission file to save the file. Then you need to remove the code at top and bottom and wrap ONLY the VEHICLE code (buildings) in this -

Code:
if (isServer) then {

MISSION CODE HERE

};

Take a look at this to see an example. Then save it as WHATEVER.sqf, add to your init, repack and upload your mission pbo and restart your server. Good luck!

Whats supposed to be in the MISSION CODE?

All of these -

Code:
_vehicle_0 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _this = createVehicle ["Land_A_Castle_Bastion", [13697.672, 2894.5037, -2.2388093], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _vehicle_0 = _this;
  _this setDir -119.30221;
  _this setVehicleLock "LOCKED";
  _this setVehicleInit "this setvectorup [0,0,1];";
  _this setPos [13697.672, 2894.5037, -2.2388093];
};

The buildings. Take a look at my example to compare yours.

All of these -

Code:
_vehicle_0 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _this = createVehicle ["Land_A_Castle_Bastion", [13697.672, 2894.5037, -2.2388093], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _vehicle_0 = _this;
  _this setDir -119.30221;
  _this setVehicleLock "LOCKED";
  _this setVehicleInit "this setvectorup [0,0,1];";
  _this setPos [13697.672, 2894.5037, -2.2388093];
};

The buildings. Take a look at my example to compare yours.
Alright, you know what? This thing is too much of a hassle. Could you point me out to an Epoch map editor tut?

Ok NinjaRun09
I am also running my own made Chernarus epoch server,And have also dabbled with map editing
and today i got as far as having it all set up, ran it and it came back the map_eu was deleted lol frustrated to say the least but i can help guide you maybe u will have better luck.

Ok firstly since your using 3D map editor and have the SQF and Biedi file, now you need to convert your Biedi file with :http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19636 3de_conv and make a SQM file.
now you have both SQM + SQF mission files now you need to copy your current mission pbo and save a copy as back up.
Remove the SQM + SQF mission files and replace with the ones you made.
now repack it so youve got a full new pbo you might want to make a backup of this as well just to make sure you have a spare.
now you need to add it to you MP mission folder/here the catch theres 2 of them I copied and pasted into both to make sure i had it right.
one is in your documents\Arma2OA\MP mission.
The other is in your C:\programfiles\steam\steamApps\common\arma2OA\MPmission.
Now goto your Arma2OA run and multimission\choose chernarus and hopefully you will see the mission you made.
This is how far I have got to today took 3 days research as I dont know what Im doing just lucky
The only problem Ive got now which prevents me from running my own is the Map_eu has been deleted ?or so it saying but ive got through the whole system and the files are still in the system
So its a matter of trial and error.

I hope this has come across as readable and is correct
if anyone knows any more I do hope they will post we we can figure this out

good luck

Back