Infistar and profileNamespace issues..

Discussion in 'Trouble Shooting' started by UrbanSkaters, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Inkko

Inkko Valued Member!

object setvariable [var,value,public];

Code:
    case (myFaction == "BANDIT"):{player setVariable ["myFactionAI","BANDIT",true]};
        case (myFaction == "HERO"):{player setVariable ["myFactionAI","HERO",true]}; 

UrbanSkaters likes this.
  2. UrbanSkaters

UrbanSkaters Valued Member!

Thank you. I learnt something new today, I mean this has really helped me understand a lot. Can't thank you enough for being cool with your replies and helping me learn something along the way :) I owe you one :)

3. UrbanSkaters

8:35:33 [DZMS]: Debug: Unit killed by B 1-1-B:1 (Hayward) REMOTE at 027053. Faction: BANDIT

Works flawlessly , thanks again for your help Inkko.

4. Inkko

Inkko Valued Member!

No problem, helped me out as well cause I've always thought about making DZMS have hero and bandit missions so got me thinking about that.

5. ShootingBlanks

ShootingBlanks OpenDayZ Guru!

What I wanted to do for missions was create a single mission with separate win situations for Hero and bandits so they would be directly competing with each other. Like "save the hostage" for heros and they get rewarded, but at the same time the bandit version of that mission would be "stop hero from saving hostage" ...

6. UrbanSkaters

This is a great feature for low populated servers that are just starting up (like mine). You obviously get players that really want to be bandits, but don't get the opportunity to gain negative humanity due to limited victims :p . So this new addition to my server has really changed the dynamics, I've seen several players so far spend more time killing zombies and AI and not complaining so much about not many players on.. haha!

Until yesterday there was no chance of anyone on my server getting to trade with the Bandit trader, as reaching that level was tough due to positive humanity for AI and zed kills. Since adding this script I've seen people racing towards the bandit level 1 mark :) it's epic :D

7. UrbanSkaters

I used to do this on my old server:
    Make a mission for bandits to help bandit AI defend a base.
    When bandits enter the area they are set to Captive, so the AI don't shoot them.
    If the player bandit try to cheat and kill any of the AI , the kill script would switch off the setCaptive (muhaha).
    The defending timer started the minute any player entered the area.

The only thing I couldn't figure out was how to give different prizes for the hero defeating the base or the bandits defending it. I figured i'd have to count the players in range and give a prize based on more bandit survivors than heros for example. But until recently that was well beyond my coding skills :D

EDIT: But you've given me an idea for my server again. If I get it working I'll share the script.