Initializing zombies

Jrb

Hey guys,

My first post here. Wasn't sure to put this in Scripting or Mission Editing.

I'm attempting to get into modding DayZ. I'm a .NET developer for my real job, so I'm a bit lost as to where to get started for Arma/DayZ scripting.

Anyway, my first question would be as follows... I'm trying to spawn zombies into the editor by running the DayZ mod. I can spawn zeds in just fine (under civilians), but I can't get them to attack. Is there something I need to be putting in the init line when I spawn them in?

what i ended up doing is setting up a dedicated server with easyphp (for the mysql server) on my gaming rig and i run both the server and client on the same pc to start modding stuff. the issue is that you have to have the server running because it creates triggers to set off the spawns dynamically based on the building types around the player

and im being stupid, as to your original post i belive you need to attach the zombie FSM to the Zed to get it to look for players and attack them, if you look at the code located in zombie_generate.sqf which is in the dayz_code.pbo file it ends with this:

Code:
//Start behavior
_id = [_position,_agent] execFSM "\z\AddOns\dayz_code\system\zombie_agent.fsm";

If you install the BI tools then you can open the FSM which is the behavior for the zombie.
Also lookin the rest of that file because by default zombies are not units

Back