Is Aftermath dead?

Chris Atkins

Valued Member!
I remember there actually being a forum for this mod.

What happened to the devs publicly releasing this? Is this another Origins snafu type thing where sharing the mod with the community to be run on any server has been denounced?

Just curious. I thought this mod had some good potential and was interested in hosting it myself.

alot of potential down the drain cause they persued the origins path of doing things and even then trying to BS the publick telling it otherwhise...

I followed the development of Aftermath very closely and I knew the developers on somewhat of a personal level. Wishing to preserve the integrity of their work does not validate a comparison between them and Origins. Until you spend the better part of 6 months, 18 hours a day, at the cost of proper sleep and time with your family, then you honestly lack the insight to properly judge the situation. Also, Aftermath never even released as a completed project. Is it too much to ask of a community to wait for a proper release before they start crying about server files?

I followed the development of Aftermath very closely and I knew the developers on somewhat of a personal level. Wishing to preserve the integrity of their work does not validate a comparison between them and Origins. Until you spend the better part of 6 months, 18 hours a day, at the cost of proper sleep and time with your family, then you honestly lack the insight to properly judge the situation. Also, Aftermath never even released as a completed project. Is it too much to ask of a community to wait for a proper release before they start crying about server files?
= "ORIGINS";

Come to think of it, a lot time has passed. This could have been the best mod, but the fucked it up.
And I knew it would end up like this just after Rossymond said they're keeping it to themselves.
They tried to create and maintain their own hive with what? 5 people? 10 people? Then you have to babysit all the users, keep the forums clean etc.
There's no way that such a small group of people will handle it.
They sold it to Vilayer for how much? 10% of their earnings?
I know that you ware involved in the development Fred, but lets be honest - some piss poor decisions ware made.
And today we have Aftermath dead and no files, thus no one to fix what's left of it.

I was credited in the development for inspiring Rossy to take his ideas and realize them as a fully new mod. However, I was not as involved as I would have liked to have been in any actual development of the mod. Also, I absolutely agree that poor decisions were made. However, I do not believe that money was their motivation. In the end, I guess it doesn't really matter. The development of the mod is seemingly non-existent and anymore discussion on it's topic is of little importance. I just dislike how people who have offered nothing of value to the DayZ community attempt to slander or discredit other's work. I mean this in a very general sense, by the way. I am not taking shots at any particular individuals.

people who have offered nothing of value
That word, value, is a word that should be used loosely. What is of little or no value to you Fred, may be of great or important value to another.

The development of the mod is seemingly non-existent and anymore discussion on it's topic is of little importance.
Indeed. What's done is done.

I think the issue is the fact that originally it was going ot be publicly released and after some while, the devs. renegged on their word...I think that's what irritated some folk. I guess a mans integrity is only as good as his word.

I think the issue is the fact that originally it was going ot be publicly released and after some while, the devs. renegged on their word...

I agree that if you initially say that something will be open source, then it should be released as such when it is completed. We will probably never find out if this would have been the case or not. Although, if they did decide to scrap the project completely, then it would be nice to see the work that they did develop released to the public. At least, that way, the work would not have been for naught.

It's a pity it's dead. Wasn't it Aftermath who were developing sewers using fully realized instancing ? (I often get Aftermath confused with Unleashed, but i'm sure I saw pictures on the Aftermath forums).

I was looking for their 'remove insect' script, which a post on reddit (http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1r2o5j/dayzaftermath_fps_system_increase_of_510fps/ ) says was released on Opendayz - seemingly their section of Opendayz has been removed though.
Dayzaftermath.net - their original address is 'domain expired'.

That addon removed some vegetation, sounds, clutter and changed how some particles work. Nothing ground breaking.

Wysłane z mojego Nexus 5

Back