Kamenka Checkpoint

Rossymond

Staff member
Hi all,

I created a Kamenka checkpoint for my server, to make spawning there somewhat less annoying. It's only my first version of this and it needs some tweaking. Feel free to comment, edit and play etc.

Installation:

Collect the code from here http://pastebin.com/XyGJjLkq

Create kamenka.sqf in the root of your mission.PBO and add the above code to it. Save it.

Open your init.SQF file in your mission.PBO

Add the following the line to the end of the file

Code:
[] ExecVM "kamenka.sqf";

Save the file and repack the mission PBO.

Done :)

ArmA2OA2013-05-1110-44-47-58_zpseb34d5ef.jpg

ArmA2OA2013-05-1110-44-17-53_zpscf5f73a2.jpg

ArmA2OA2013-05-1110-46-20-79_zps324d89c8.jpg

I like the additions. I dont know why so many people hate spawning in Kamenka. It has the easiest route North. :)

Indeed it is, but even though we don't agree, most people want to head to the cities!

Keep an eye out for some other additions being posted soon :)

Theres a brief how-to in the opening post. Create whatever you want in the mission editor. Save it as user mission. Head to my doc/arma 2 other profiles/yourname/missionname and copy across the code to a new file in notepad++ and delete any units you may have added. Then make it look like my file top and bottom, job done. add the exec string to your dayz mission pbo init.sqf file. Repack. enjoy

The mod itself is well made, but the way you have this working is what I really like about this post!
Thanks a ton for showing me this approach. This is going to make map editing allot easier, in the future.

The mod itself is well made, but the way you have this working is what I really like about this post!
Thanks a ton for showing me this approach. This is going to make map editing allot easier, in the future.

Thanks, I believe this is the best way to add buildings, it seems a much more accurate way. Obviously is makes the mission PBO larger, but this particular group of buildings are around 50KB, so it's hardly noticeable.

Hey rossymond .

How do you manage your server ?
Im with dayz cc and i got it managed this weekend to get the vehicles part from the buildings part separately . Spended over 24 hours on this ... max i give something back when i'm done with re-editing chernarus.i'm not far away from this

send from my Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

Both my servers are Dayz.ST managed servers. Obviously a Dedicated box would be great, but they are hugely expensive in comparison to the ST servers. but one day, if my members keep on donating!

Thank you for posting this, shows me another way to add buildings to dayz without using sqm.

PM'd ya

[SHARE]

Chernarus Olsha Airport BETA 0.6 first public release !

http://www.speedshare.org/download.php?id=36BDE92C1 file is already checked and free of a npc and player !

if anyone finding bugs or so please tell me !

And a special thanks goes up to Rossymond !!!!

wanna see more join my cherno server 83.175.79.11:2312 BUT rMod2.1 is recommended !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would i need to add seperate exec at the end of the init.sqf or could i use the one and just place commas? ie

[] ExecVM "kamenka.sqf,nwaf.sqf";

Thanks

What the difference between between usin the isServer vs isDedicated? I've seen both used on different mods.

u could paste in the code too on the kamenka addon i think ...

or separate olsha.sqf

Back