Login Intro Cinematic and Music

blur

Valued Member!
I have been working for a long time on a login Cinematic. I have one that works, but not well. i have it so it plays music when you log in, and does a short 4 second animation/Zoom in feature like the animation from PiXel's DayZAddin. (using some of his code to make it for now)

This is what i have now:
Code:
//intro move
showCinemaBorder true;
camUseNVG false;

_camera = "camera" camCreate [(position player select 0)-100*sin (round(random 359)), (position player select 1)-100*cos (round(random 359)),(position player select 2)+60];
_camera cameraEffect ["internal","back"];

_camera camSetFOV 2.000;
_camera camCommit 0;
waitUntil {camCommitted _camera};
TitleRsc["logo","PLAIN"];
//this is where the code for the music to start playing, i dont have exact code.

_camera camSetTarget vehicle player;
_camera camSetRelPos [0,0,0];
_camera camCommit 4;
waitUntil {camCommitted _camera};

_camera cameraEffect ["terminate","back"];
camDestroy _camera;

Now the problem with that is when dayz loads in, i think it teles your character from where you are, to debug, and back when changing skins, which interupts the script, and makes the music stop playing.

Also, the sound is set to rSay or something similar to that, i don't remember. and the problem with that is anyone near you can hear the music playing, so it is a dead give away to where you are.

My goal in finishing this is a 2 part intro-

I'd like to have two camera pans over cities for example, Cherno&Electro.
A song playing, that only the player can hear
and Text that appears on the screen that says the server name/ip, rules, admins, and website for the server

BlurGamingChernarus
(rules) Admins Names
BlurGaming.com and TS ip

I have seen this on Arma2 Domination game types, and on wasteland, but i have had no Luck.
Also possibly Colorcorrectons and effects

If anyone knows anything about this, PLEASE SHARE! thanks for the help, and thanks for reading.

You'd like help, but you aren't going to include the code you're currently using... I'm sure people will get right on that.

I have this working on my server now. As Blur doesn't seem to want to share with the community let me tell you what he's doing based off of what he wrote above. In pixels mod there is a FX folder where all the sound .ogg files are stored and a file called descrExt.h that outlines all the new sound classes. example:
Code:
class CfgSounds
{
    sounds[] =
    {
    bark,growl,teleport,custintro
    };
    class bark
    {
    name="bark";
    sound[]={\addin\fx\bark.ogg,0.4,1};
    titles[] = {};
    };
    class growl
    {
    name="growl";
    sound[]={\addin\fx\growl.ogg,0.5,1};
    titles[] = {};
    };
    class teleport
    {
    name="teleport";
    sound[]={\addin\fx\teleport.ogg,0.7,1};
    titles[] = {};
    };
    class custintro
    {
    name="custintro";
    sound[]={\addin\fx\music.ogg,0.7,1};
    titles[] = {};
    };
};

As Blur mentioned he inserting the sound when the pixel zoom in script loads (when a player loads in). As he's using a sound rather then music he is using say or rSAY command and attaching it to an empty 'holder' vehicle. We know this because he says that other players can hear it also when another player logs in. This is pretty simple, just create an empty vehicle and call it when you do an SAY command. ex:
Code:
_xpos = _position select 0;
_ypos = _position select 1;
_targetpos = [_xpos, _ypos, 1.5];
_loc = createVehicle ["HeliHEmpty", _targetpos,[], 0, "NONE"];
_target = createVehicle ["HeliHEmpty",position _loc,[], 0, "NONE"];  //
_pos = position _target;
_blurshouldshare = createVehicle ["HeliHEmpty",position _target,[], 0, "NONE"];
_blurshouldshare say ["custintro",1000];

That will access and use the class from the previous code snippet and play the sound. What Blur is fishing for without sharing any of his code with the community, is a way to play the sound so only the player hears it. However this can't be done with rSAY. You need to use something like:
Code:
playMusic ["BlurShouldShare",16];

However the flaw with this is that it's music and most dayz players have their music turned down or off, so they'd never hear or notice custom music. When I get some time I'll publish a proper guide, I just wanted to take 10 mins for the community and post how Blur is doing this.

so where is it blur? i would like a working script. this would be awesome for my server. and a redirect so i only need to put sound in my mission file.

Uh .. If you seek ye shall find .. sometimes u just need to look locally to find the answer ye seek globally :)
Cryptic yes.. but the answer ye seek is easy to find.

Back