Looking for an editor.

Dante

Hi there OpenDayz,

My name is Dante - I'm relatively experienced with Arma 2 and how it handles it's files, but as I've only just started running a server (Paid for on external host) I am a little stuck when it comes to editing and modifying the Dayz Chernarus map.

I was wondering if someone would be able to jump onto Skype or Mumble with me, and give me a little assistance to some of my struggles. Would be much appreciated.

- For those of you who wish to help through forum, here is my issue -

I wish to add a few buildings to the map, and perhaps a few scenery objects too. But, I am at a loss for words as I have got as far as implementing my customization, but when I save them, I'm not sure where to go from there. Plus, I'd like for the map to be able to work online (DayZ Chernarus) and allow people to join without having to download the map files.

Ie - Merging mission files? But, if someone could help, I would be grateful,

Thank You for your time,

Dante.

Hi, I use 3 programs,

1. notepad++ (free txt editor for scripts and mission.sqf)
2. Navicat (db editor for adding vehicles in tables or adjusting procedures and functions db bckup etc)
3. arma 2 ingame editor (adding buildings to mission.sqf on the exact worldposition)

In regards to open the mission.sqf to add buildings in the editor of arma2 editor you have to remove the dayz related addons in the mission.sqf file since they are not in arma2. Remove things like:
"dayz_code",
"dayz_weapons",
"dayz_equip",
"dayz_vehicles",
Then you are able to open the DayZ mission.sqf in the arma2 editor and go wild. After adding buildings to your liking use notepad++ to streamline and merge added items in original DayZ mission.sqf

Cheers piXel

Hi, I use 3 programs,

1. notepad++ (free txt editor for scripts and mission.sqf)
2. Navicat (db editor for adding vehicles in tables or adjusting procedures and functions db bckup etc)
3. arma 2 ingame editor (adding buildings to mission.sqf on the exact worldposition)

In regards to open the mission.sqf to add buildings in the editor of arma2 editor you have to remove the dayz related addons in the mission.sqf file since they are not in arma2. Remove things like:
"dayz_code",
"dayz_weapons",
"dayz_equip",
"dayz_vehicles",
Then you are able to open the DayZ mission.sqf in the arma2 editor and go wild. After adding buildings to your liking use notepad++ to streamline and merge added items in original DayZ mission.sqf

Cheers piXel

couldn't have explained it better! I use this method to add other things to my mission file as well.

Back