Low Loot Tables

Cloud Filth

Greetings,

I have looked around for some time now to figure out a proper way to do this. - What i'm trying to do is adjust the loot drop rate for all items, and even remove certain items from appearing at all.

Stopping items from appearing should be easy, what I probably need help with is lowering drop rates. I seen a thread about loot suppression, but it seemed like it wasn't exactly what I need here.

Of course I'd like to do this in a way that I personally don't have to release any files, I currently have Rmod already, and I am hosted through Dayz.st

What I want to do
- Drastically Lower & Even Remove some consumables
- Remove most military weaponry, and make the rest extremely rare
- Increase the amount of time it takes to get hungry
- Increase chance of getting sick

For now these are the main things, once I get these done I should be able to properly adjust it to my liking.

Update: I managed to get the first things adjusted to my liking, but not entirely in the manner first expected.

What you're wanting to do requires both editing the config.cpp inside the dayz_code file AND, to the extent that I know about, to substitute through spawn_loot.sqf as described in loot suppression.

Then you either need to distribute your edited file to your players, or turn Verify Signatures to 0 so your players can join without needing your files. This only works for the loot, as anything like skins and vehicles force a necessary download.

I found some coding over on Tunngle and people confirming there are ways to work around this. - And have the spawn_Loot sqf loaded through init in the missions folder.

I'm going to attempt editing it to my liking, it doesn't do EXACTLY what I stated above, but tweaking it enough will allow me to limit the spawns.

Getting rid of items completely and editing the other stuff is what I need now.

Verify signatures 0. Where is this option located? And will it work for editing the zombie spawns as well

Shibdib what's your goal? If it's the same as mine I can distribute the code and instructions, (and credit for all sources) when I finish tweaking it. - Doesn't seem like it will take much really since its pretty much all done mostly by others.

Well I already edited mine to

-remove tank trap and barbed wire spawns
-make finding med supplies outside of hospitals rarer
-make finding food outside of stores rarer

I've just been getting errors stating files inside the repacked pbo aren't present. And I think switching off signature checks might fix this. I'll need to test it in an hourish when I get home from work

I'm also considering making everything spawn only once on server start, and running the restart every 6+ hours for low pop , every 3 for eventual peaking

The overall goal for these changes are to make survival alot less forgiving.

Far as medical loot goes i'm going to attempt to change it so that the cardboard boxes are blood bags instead

I'm also considering making everything spawn only once on server start, and running the restart every 6+ hours for low pop , every 3 for eventual peaking

The overall goal for these changes are to make survival alot less forgiving.

Far as medical loot goes i'm going to attempt to change it so that the cardboard boxes are blood bags instead

I'd suggest changing the {"MedBox0","object"}, to {"","medical"}, as this will replace your Medboxes with medical loot spawns.

Turning off Verify Signatures inside your server.cfg file will mean players can play with files different than the server's, and the server will load it's loot tables based on your files.

The only other way is through loot suppression, meaning you replace items instead of add them, severely limiting your loot options.

Turning off Verify Signatures inside your server.cfg file will mean players can play with files different than the server's, and the server will load it's loot tables based on your files.

The only other way is through loot suppression, meaning you replace items instead of add them, severely limiting your loot options.

I tried this and got

Code:
2:01:49 Warning Message: Picture z\addons\dayz_code\gui\dayz_logo_ca.paa not found
2:01:49 Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_code\init\variables.sqf not found
2:01:49 Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_code\init\publicEH.sqf not found
2:01:49 Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_code\medical\setup_functions_med.sqf not found
2:01:49 Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf not found

I assume because my dayz_code.pbo wasnt the same as the clients. This occured even with verify signatures = 0. Obviously the server was non functional in this state

Someone found a way around it over on another forum, and I have been messing with the code sometime now and I just now put it on the server.

I did some crazy things, i don't want to spam this thread with the big code just yet, I have to make sure it even worked. - It was for an earlier version than what I have initially I believe and it replaces items with other items for the most part.

Someone found a way around it over on another forum, and I have been messing with the code sometime now and I just now put it on the server.

I did some crazy things, i don't want to spam this thread with the big code just yet, I have to make sure it even worked. - It was for an earlier version than what I have initially I believe and it replaces items with other items for the most part.

Ya that's not really want I want tho, I wanna change drop percentages.

I apologize in advance, Shibdib. Does your server.cfg file look like this?

verifySignatures = 0;

I don't want to come off sounding like a jerk, as I have zero issues when I have mine set like that and edit my files. I use Pwnozor's server pack, and do not receive any errors of the sort you do.

I would back up any changes you made currently, and replace your dayz_code file with the original and try to run with signatures off. If that works, I'd go back and manually try to replace any changes you made. The errors are quite confusing, since those aren't files you would have edited.

Yup have signature checks turned off. Not sure what the problem is. I do use Bliss tho
Here it is;
open dayz_server.pbo, (pbomanager) press file properties at the top, rightclick in the new box, press add, in property, add "prefix" in value, add "z\addons\dayz_server"

Back