[Map Addition] Chernogorsk Quarantine Zone

Poncho

First things first here is a preview of the addition. Situated in central Chernogorsk it acted as a last attempt to quell the infection, and save any survivors from the infected. But like most places on Chernarus it soon became too dangerous, and it's inhabitants were scattered to the wastes. The 'Chernogorsk Quarantine Zone' holds many items of values, apart from encircling two lootable buildings it also houses multiple military, medical and vehicle salvage points. Nothing too overpowered for a coastal town, but still something worth a trip to.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/C6k1PVnGMWQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

**All loot spawns are fully functional within this edit, they do not appear in this video preview as it was filmed in the map editor, tried and tested on multiple servers - confirmed working**

To install simply:

1) Copy the code below into a file called 'ChernoQuarantine_Zone.sqf'

2) Make a folder called 'Maps' in the root of your mission.pbo (skip if you already have a folder used for this)

3) Insert the 'ChernoQuarantie_Zone.sqf' into this folder

4) Finally in your init.sqf add this line of code at the bottom:
[] execVM "Maps\ChernoQuarantine_Zone.sqf";
Note* if you already have a folder for custom map content edit the following as required:
[] execVM "your folder\your file name.sqf";
Following is the code content for the ChernoQuarantine_Zone.sqf

http://pastebin.com/hJgGSee3

**There are also fixed loot spawns added, these will respawn with each server restart, they are clearly indicated in the code should you wish to remove them**

Alternately you may add the content server side to reduce mission file size for new players joining your server.

At the bottom of server_functions.sqf add this line:
execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\init\quarantinezone.sqf";
Then save code in OP in a new .sqf in \init folder named quarantinezone.sqf

Added this to our server today, looks so good and alot of detail in it, thnx for all your hard work :)

Thanks guys, good to hear :)

I am currently working on a Big, Big edit for Chernarus. A new City at the SW corner of the map above Bay Tikhaya, surprisingly enough called nicknamed Tikhaya City. I'm taking my time with it to make it look good, be functional, and help to spread out the maps lootable areas in order to give established players a decent reason to hit the SW coast.

I love how this looks.
Not OP like most players' bases that add in 4 Permanent 50yr old barracks to a "Temp/makeshift" outpost.

I am also working on a newer version of Kamenka, stretching from current Kamenka past the small bay.
Train depot, and City in general. Good luck to yours!

This looks very interesting, going to add it to my j0k3r5 pack.
If this ok with you ?

Nice creepy area, Ive put on my fog script aswell.

Thanks for all the kind words guys, got another edit coming soon. An entire city! and not one of those " I know I'm gonna spawn a shit load of buildings in a field " dayz addon cities, it has taken me around 14 hours. Fully functioning in all aspects of loot and zed spawns as well as designed with playability in mind, for entering and exiting from different locations to covering your guys as you loot, with plenty of ways to pass through it unnoticed during your looting run if you want to try stealth it out. Watch the forums for release! :)

kaysio you are more than welcome to use it in your pack, but please make sure you throw down some credit. Love it with the fog you have added in!
Put a link to your server pack and youtube vid in the description of my original showcase too :)

cheers bud,
Im busy re-doing the credits intro with all the authors.

Cant wait for the next installment :)

This looks very interesting, going to add it to my j0k3r5 pack.
If this ok with you ?

Nice creepy area, Ive put on my fog script aswell.

does the fog add lag?

how many players on your server? do you notice a lag with fog?

I dont run a server anymore, just on LAN now.
Yes there is some lag, can be any where from 5fps to 10fps.

Just added this to my server and it works great nothing extra needed.

With the way it is laid out with the market stalls, how hard would it be to add traders ?

Thanks Poncho

Just added this to my server and it works great nothing extra needed.

With the way it is laid out with the market stalls, how hard would it be to add traders ?

Thanks Poncho

Bit of database tweaking, restarting the server several times etc etc changing trader menus around if you don't plan on keeping them the same.....................

Not too hard :p

Back