Map editing help

termy

Hi, i have added many custom areas to my taviana 2.0 map and i have just come across a problem.
I use 3de_conv to convert the .biedi file to .sqm file and when i have just attempted to convert another file i get "3de_conv has stopped working" and then the program closes. Can anyone help me out here please as ive just spent a good few hours editing the map and it looks like i may have to start again unless i can find out why the program keeps crashing.

Many thanks

Termy

hi there,

I did run across this problem a few weeks back too and to be honest I could not figure out what the problem was .... I assume because of to many times overwritten files it comes to some sort of corruption.
I only can suggest to you what worked in the end for me .....

I started the 3d Editor and loaded my edited map like you would want to add or edit some more .... now I left it there for now and went with alt/tab to where my missions and mp missions folders are and deleted ( you can just move them for now into a different location just in case ) all of them leaving only the original map folder ....went back into the editor and saved again .... now with alt/tab back out again but leave the editor running just in case it did not save .... if you now got again your two desired files try to run the biedi as supposed to trough the 3de_conv .... if it does generate your "mission.sqm" proceed from there as usual.

I tried what you suggested and that didnt work for me. But as i build bases or custom areas, i always save them in stages of production.
As it happens of the 4 backups, the very first one worked, so i just kept deleting things from the 2nd back up until it eventually worked. I then took out the objects in the final save and the file worked.

Thanks for you help tho.

you will have 2 files in your documents/arma/missions/wher you save to open mission.sqm with note pad ++ copy only the vehicles bit not the center unit or grup and not the last 3 lines and paste it in your server.pbo mission.sqm at the bottom hope this helps thats how i add mine

Back