Modding/Scripting Help

SugarFreek

Hello all,

I have recently been trying to work on my very own DayZ mod, but I am a bit confused at this point, and have quite a few questions. *Please note that this is not being done on a server.*

I am currently designing my map in the Arma 2 3D Editor (with DayZ enabled in the "expansions" menu.) but I don't know how I am going to import the mission over to DayZ so loot/zombies/vehicles can spawn.

How can I make vehicles spawn randomly (and damaged) around Chernarus?

How can I edit loot tables? (For instance, allowing only industrial items to spawn at industrial places.)

How can I add loot locations? (Make items spawn on shelves or on tables, under beds, etc.)

How can I add custom survivor skins and take the old ones out? (I want players to be able to start out as an actual civilian. Skins like CIV_EuroMan01_EP1 and others from Arma 2/Arma 2 OA).

I would also like to know how to edit the amount of zombies spawning (For instance, 10-15 zombies spawn for every building).

I am very new to this scripting stuff and am not sure where to start. I try to edit pbo files and have not found any straight-forward guides yet, so if any of you could help it would be greatly appreciated.

I know all of this is alot to ask, but if someone could devote some time to helping me, it would be greatly appreciated. :)

Regards,

SugarFreek

Nevermind about the loot stuff, I just found a thread that could help me. But any help on the other questions would be fantastic. :)

Not sure I understand your 1st request. Your building a map like map porting or you just editing one of the maps, e.g. Chernarus, Namalsk, etc?

Getting vehicles in your going to need to add them in the DB. If its not in the 'vehicles' list already, you'll have to add it there 1st. Once that's in you have to go to 'world_vehicle' and make additions there. Once that is in place you have to add what you added in 'world_vehicle' to 'instance_vehicle' for it to spawn in game. Damage, fuel, inventory are all editable.

Loot, skins, zed control scripts can all be found on this site so your in the right place. Just search around and find what you need. I suggest just going through the pages 1 by 1 cuz you'll probably end up finding some other cool stuff you might want to add.

Editing pbo's...can be tricky in the beginning. PBO Manager [pack, unpack] is a must as well as having Notepad C++ for the actual editing. Just remember to be exact as all it takes is one single typo.

Thank you for your reply. I really appreciate it. First of all, are all these files you are talking about (world_vehicle) come from? The unpacked pbo? Sorry if that's a noob question, I am new to this pbo stuff. :p

First of all, are all these files you are talking about (world_vehicle) come from? The unpacked pbo? Sorry if that's a noob question, I am new to this pbo stuff. :p

The world_vehicle aren't files, but an area of your database. If you use dayz.st go to your control panel, on the left side you'll see 'edit database', hit that then top left hit bliss_xxxx then your inside the database. Vehicle, instance_vehicle, and world_vehicle are on the left side.

Back