MY SQL Help

prominentalex

Hey guys, I've just downloaded TSW and registered it and all that. However, it says error connecting to the database.

Your database needs to allow remote connections. You can change this on your database by going to the "mysql" database, to the "user" table, and then changing the field "Host" to "%" instead of "localhost"

Where can I find mysql in my database? I have DayZ.ST and when I click on edit database, I don't see any of that. Thanks in advance!

Hello,

they are talking about a real database that uses MySQL or MsSQL, id recommend MySQL, this could be a bit out of your league but ill give you some stepping stones to point you into the right direction.

go lookup what bit type your machine is, either x86(32bit) or x64(64bit) and go to http://www.wampserver.com/en/ and download the wamp version you need for your pc. this has extra stuff you dont need, its for running a full website from your machine but its super easy to install and does all the configurations for you.

once installed, run the Start wampserver shortcut and it has an icon it will put by your system click, left click on it, and it will have an option that says phpmyadmin

by default your username will be "root" with no password. login to that, and then you can add your database stuff into that. when the script asks you for your database details. put your username as root and leave the password field blank.

i know this isnt the best method but its fairly n00b friendly for someone who isnt into server development.

Back