Namalsk Forest Spawns

shinkicker

Administrator
Staff member
Does anyone have any ideas how the Zeds are spawned in Namalsks Forests? Is it some sort of trigger based on a condition ('is present'?)

I have yet to investigate this, so thought I would check here first.

Don´t know how they have solved it at Namalsk. On my Chernarus map i have solved it this way :

I´ve placed about 100 HeliHEmpty (3D-Editor -> Objects). They are invisible and they are placed in nearly all woods around the larger settlements.

Afterwards i´ve edited the config.cpp in this way :

Code:
 class Woodspawn { // Woodpawn-Test
zombieChance = 0.45;
minRoaming = 1;
maxRoaming = 5;
zombieClass[] = {"zZombie_Base","z_hunter","z_villager1"};
};

Code:
 class HeliHEmpty: Woodspawn {};

Works perfect. (Besides it´s a modification of the DayZ - Corefiles, but that doesn´t matter to me.)

Don´t know how they have solved it at Namalsk. On my Chernarus map i have solved it this way :

I´ve placed about 100 HeliHEmpty (3D-Editor -> Objects). They are invisible and they are placed in nearly all woods around the larger settlements.

Code:
zombieChance = 0.45;
minRoaming = 1;
maxRoaming = 5;
};

Code:

Works perfect. (Besides it´s a modification of the DayZ - Corefiles, but that doesn´t matter to me.)

You beauty - thanks for that!

Will send you a PM.

nice, i think we can share a dayzdb.com custom map to see a general pciture of where the spawns are to see if we can add/remove or change somes, a lo of work of course, but a custom map will help in the developmet to know where are the things

Hey Guys,

as promised here the original files (sqf / biedi).

Have fun.

Attachments

• mission.Chernarus.zip
    8.3 KB · Views: 17
Anyway around defining the new classes for this? I'd love to do this without an edited client - I want to drop a few zombie spawns near long-term camps to add repercussions to staying in one area long-term. :)

Code:
zombieChance = 0.45;
minRoaming = 1;
maxRoaming = 5;
};

Code:

where does the code class HeliEmpty: Woodspawn {};
go?
does it go into the config.cpp file as well?

heres the code im trying to implement. ones for the zombie spawns in the woods and the others are for car wrecks on the roads but so far no zombies are spawning

Code:
class ForrestRoaming: Default { 
                zombieChance = 0.9; 
                minRoaming = 1; 
                maxRoaming = 10;  
zombieClass[] = {"zZombie_Base","zZombie_Base","z_teacher","z_suit1","z_suit2","z_policeman"}; 
  };
class uh1hwreck: ForrestRoaming {};
class Uralroaming: Default {
               zombieChance = 0.45;
   minRoaming = 1; 
                maxRoaming = 3;
    zombieClass[] = {"zZombie_Base","zZombie_Base","z_teacher","z_suit1","z_suit2","z_policeman"};
  };
class ural_wrecked: Uralroaming {};
class datsun02troaming: Default {
                zombieChance = 0.45;
   minRoaming = 1; 
                maxRoaming = 2;
  };
class datsun02t: datsun02troaming {};
class hmmwvroaming: Default {
  zombieChance = 0.45;   
  minRoaming = 1; 
                maxRoaming = 3;
  };
class hmmwv_wrecked: hmmwvroaming {};
class uazroaming: Default {
   zombieChance = 0.45;
               minRoaming = 1; 
                maxRoaming = 3;
  };
class uaz_wrecked: uazroaming {};
class hiluxtroaming: Default {
     zombieChance = 0.45;
             minRoaming = 1; 
                maxRoaming = 2;
  };
class hiluxt: hiluxtroaming {};
class skodovkaroaming: Default {
     zombieChance = 0.45;
             minRoaming = 1; 
                maxRoaming = 3;
  };
class skodovka_wrecked: skodovkaroaming {};
class datsun01troaming: Default {
    zombieChance = 0.45;             
         minRoaming = 1; 
                maxRoaming = 2;
  };
class datsun01t: datsun01troaming {};

Back