Need Help Upgrading my Bliss

Zod

Hello, i followed all instructions by the letter i have all nessecary software installed.

Still i fail to merge my old bliss database with new reality database.

Plz explain me how exactly i create new reality database and how i merge by bliss database into the new reality database.

When i try to merge and use my current bliss connecton info into command window then it says merging failed and didnt find schema or something.

I can post RPT/s but u gotta tell me which ones u want.

Some1 in the name of gaming plz help me i am desperate and almost to the point where i give up and move along..

Hello, i followed all instructions by the letter i have all nessecary software installed.

Still i fail to merge my old bliss database with new reality database.

Plz explain me how exactly i create new reality database and how i merge by bliss database into the new reality database.

When i try to merge and use my current bliss connecton info into command window then it says merging failed and didnt find schema or something.

I can post RPT/s but u gotta tell me which ones u want.

Some1 in the name of gaming plz help me i am desperate and almost to the point where i give up and move along..

Use the option to Migrate to Reality in the control panel or use the command line below to do it manually. This will convert your tables and prepare them. Note: if you manually changed any database files, your schema upgrade may fail due to conflicts.

db_migrate.pl --host 127.0.0.1 --user CHANGEME --pass CHANGEME --name chernarus --port 3306 --schema RealityMigrate --version 0.01

Reactions: Zod
Use the option to Migrate to Reality in the control panel or use the command line below to do it manually. This will convert your tables and prepare them. Note: if you manually changed any database files, your schema upgrade may fail due to conflicts.

db_migrate.pl --host 127.0.0.1 --user CHANGEME --pass CHANGEME --name chernarus --port 3306 --schema RealityMigrate --version 0.01

Ty for fast response, i already tried migrate to reality and migrate from bliss options.

Both fail even that they manage to connect to my current bliss database.

This manual change i dont understand where i type this command sorry i am big noob compared to all ppl here....

But i rly like this and i am dedicated to this and i try to learn as much as i can and i am thankful for any knowledge i learn.

yes i edit the db_migrate.pl and i put my desired username and password but still it doesnt do anything unless i set port 3310 that is my current database.

And unless i start my current database it says it cant connect .

if i start my database and make it connect then it says failed.

Plz i am desperate and i shutdown my server until i make this work but i dont think i will ever make it.

PS. i almost broke my previous server so a fresh install wont be bad for me if there is such an option.

Posting the exact error messages you see would most likely help us help you.

The thing is that i reached this to a point that server was working fine with 1.7.5.1 and r mod mission file, all was working fine except that the database wasnt connected to the server (no vehicles no tents, no saving characters, no starting loadouts...)

That was my problem that the database wsnt connected to my server properly.
Or the database was bliss and didnt upgrade to reality.
Or both.

I didnt have any errors anywhere in server console.

Also right now i deleted server folder i was experimenting and restored the backup i had so i can keep running my old bliss hive with 1.7.4.4 patch cause me and ppl are eager to play the game.

But yes we really need support to be able to make bliss--->reality and finally move to 1.7.5.1 patch and further, that would be so cool.

I try to explain as best i can, excuse me but eng is not my native language so grammar huge mistakes are going to occur into my posts and i am really sorry for that.

https://github.com/thevisad/DayZ-Private-master

there i follow the automatic instructions.

i did all steps up to number 6

number 6 is where i get lost.

You say i need to setup a new database and i dont understand how i can do this.
My previous database was created when i first setup my bliss hive and it was done automatic with server setup.exe

So i cant rly understand how i can create a new database and then migrate my old database into this new database.

Instructions say to use HeidiSQL to setup a new database.
But this looks like navicat it doesnt have an option to create a new database it only can connect to an already existing database.

So whats going on i have to create a new database?
If yes how i can do that?
If no then i have to change something in my current database?
My current database is 3310 port username root pass 123456.
I use bliss hive launcher to start MySql.( blue letter cmd window thats says start/stop mysql server)
Then i use restarter.exe to start the server
Server used to work fine but it wasnt connected to any database.(nothing was saving no vehicles-tents spawned)
HiveExt Debug monitor wasnt logging anything like there was no database connected or database is blank or i dont rly know whats happening i am hoping you guys understand more than i do.

If you are upgrading an existing Bliss database then skip step #6 of the Automatic Installation instructions. I haven't used the control panel but it sounds like it may be hiding the errors from you. In step #7 you can set your MySQL parameters, including the port. Does step #8 work for you?

I tried skip step #6 and move to step #7 where i use my current bliss database connection info
port 3310 user root pass 123456 database dayz.
Control panel is able to connect same goes for migrate.pl but it gives error when i try to merge.
It says schema not found i think.

I followed steps 1-8.

i setup up perl
i do build
then i copy all files from Repository into arma2 server dir.
Then i setup my sql details (port 3310 user root pass 123456 database dayz)(my bliss hive database)
Then i start this database and choose migrate reality main and then i get connected but it says failed cause it didnt find the schema or something.
Note, if i dont start my bliss database when i try to connect with control panel it doesnt connect at all.

not rly since i deleted test server folder and i restored my backup to start my server cause ppl wanted to play.

But i will shutdown and get back to work and get the print screen soon

I will try again the upgrading process this night and sent you pictures.

TYVM for helping me you bring back hope to me!

Thats the error :(

Also i dont understand what setupperl does exactly :(
i have installed perl in same drive as OS not inside server file not in same HDD with server....
does this has anything to do with the error i get??

So i start by seting up perl and i dont get any errors then i build world i press 1 instance and yes on all no errors there.
Then i start up my bliss database with bliss launcher i setup connection options in control panel and go for #3, migrate database i select reality main and i get this error.

ps.I also tried #6 migrate from bliss and i get

INFO: Trying to connect to 127.0.0.1, database dayz as root
INFO: Did not find an existing schema for RealityMigrate
INFO: Attempting migration to 0.01
FATAL: Database migration failed!
Press any key to continue . . .

ps2. all fail except buildings

INFO: Trying to connect to 127.0.0.1, database dayz as root
INFO: Current RealityBuildings version is 0.01
INFO: Attempting migration to 0.01
INFO: Completed the migration from 0.01 to version 0.01
Press any key to continue . . .

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    29.6 KB · Views: 6
This is how i start up my database after step5 and before step7. Then on step 7 i setup my running database details that is port: 3310, username: root pass:123456 and database :dayz.
Then on step 8 i get the error.

Attachments

• Untitled2.png
    Untitled2.png
    40.1 KB · Views: 5
Unfortunately the perl package is hiding the MySQL error. If you could run the follow SQL queries (via navicat or something) and paste the output here that might help me understand what is going on.

Code:
SELECT * FROM migration_schema_version;
SELECT * FROM migration_schema_log;

sure, here is the results
result 1
name-version
Bliss 0.130000
Reality 0.010000
RealityBuildings 0.010000
RealityInvCust 0.010000
result 2
schema name old version new version
1 Bliss 2012-09-09 16:09:31 0.000000 0.010000
2 Bliss 2012-09-09 16:09:32 0.010000 0.020000
3 Bliss 2012-09-09 16:09:32 0.020000 0.030000
4 Bliss 2012-09-09 16:09:32 0.030000 0.040000
5 Bliss 2012-09-09 16:09:32 0.040000 0.050000
6 Bliss 2012-09-09 16:09:33 0.050000 0.060000
7 Bliss 2012-09-09 16:09:33 0.060000 0.070000
8 Bliss 2012-09-09 16:09:34 0.070000 0.080000
9 Bliss 2012-09-09 16:09:34 0.080000 0.090000
10 Bliss 2012-09-09 16:09:34 0.090000 0.100000
11 Bliss 2012-09-09 16:09:34 0.100000 0.110000
12 Bliss 2012-09-09 16:09:34 0.110000 0.120000
13 Bliss 2012-09-09 16:09:35 0.120000 0.130000
14 Reality 2013-02-12 22:03:29 0.000000 0.010000
15 RealityBuildings 2013-02-12 22:18:03 0.000000 0.010000
16 RealityInvCust 2013-02-12 22:18:20 0.000000 0.010000

i hope those are the results you are expecting

Wow, that is a really, really old Bliss database version. I'm not even sure how Bliss 1.7.4.4 would have worked on that old of a version. This will require some magic to fix but I need some more information first.

How did you maintain your Bliss database? Did you run db_migrate.pl each time you upgraded Bliss?

https://github.com/conan513/DayZ-Private

This is the server files i use.

I downloaded them 3-4 months ago.

How can i turn this into a reality hive plz?
Or if that is big trouble where i can get the newer bliss files so i can upgrade those properly.
It doesnt mind me at all to loose all server data if i can upgrade to a reality and run dayz 1.7.5.1 patch.

ps.it was working really fine with 1.7.4.4 no problems at all ever.
ps2.no i didnt run db_migrate.pl each time i just used control_panel.cmd and executed commands from there.
But i tried running the .pl file also after i edited it and setup my running old bliss database connection info. And it was giving same error as the control panel i think or something similar

OK, try this but backup your database first. This should let db_migrate work. It thinks you are at version 0.01 but you are at 0.13.

Code:
UPDATE migration_schema_version SET version = '0.130000' WHERE name = 'Reality';

Now try to run db_migrate.pl
Code:
perl db_migrate.pl --name DBNAME --host DBHOST --pass DBPASS --port DBPORT

OK, try this but backup your database first. This should let db_migrate work. It thinks you are at version 0.01 but you are at 0.13.

Code:
UPDATE migration_schema_version SET version = '0.130000' WHERE name = 'Reality';

Now try to run db_migrate.pl
Code:
perl db_migrate.pl --name DBNAME --host DBHOST --pass DBPASS --port DBPORT

Ty so much for the response, but where should i put those commands?

Create a bat file put then in there and run it?
Or SQL execute ?

I think the first one is SQL command i must put in navicat.
And the second i must put in a bat file inside repository folder and run it there right?

Or in case this doesnt work and my database is so old it cant be upgraded or anything.
Where i can get the latest bliss database and server files so i install those and upgrade those with the std procedure?

Back