New Dayz Epoch Map Released : Epoch Miroslavl.

NigeyUK

Hi guys,

I've been working hard on this, and i'm finally ready to have some people test it in a closed server, the map is Miroslavl by Rebellion, a 12.8km x 12,8km terrain west of Chernarus.

You can see the map and a few more details Here

********* UPDATED 14/05/2014 ************

We've now decided to release the client files to the general public, which can be obtained from the link below, please take note of the rest of the post, the map is in TESTING so please remember that, also please report any bugs to THIS forum post, instructions on how to run the map are in the README,

Sorry i only have the Retail version of Arma2 so if you need instructions to launch via steam, or dayz commander, you'll have to ask here for help, also i highly recommend using the ARMA 2 launcher program, it's a great tool and makes launching different mods stupidly easy regardless of which version of arma2 you own, you can grab it HERE

Miroslavl Public Release 1.0 - Rar Download

Download size is approximately 415MB

Server ip - 54.194.39.77:2302 - Located in Ireland .. avg ping from mainland U.K is 25ms

Some of the custom features include :

100% Dynamic traders - no safezones, making trading more risky

EVR Storms (protection available with a radio)

Only 1 Safezone

AI Side Missions

Some notes about the known issues we are already aware of and fixing :

[Terrain] Autoland is broken at the main airfield, a misplaced tree will always be in the way and you will crash and die, for now do not use Autoland

[Terrain] A Few buildings are slightly clipped into the ground, mostly non-enterables so not a major priority

[code / Hive] Sometimes hatchets will display and act as if they have no ammo

[code / Hive] On very rare occasions you will lose all weapon magazines

[code / Hive] Tents randomly disappear when constructed, this should be fixed by the time you download the files though.

As you can see, the map has some issues, and we know more will arise, unless you are prepared to lose gear, die alot, have random problems, this test is NOT for you.

Also please note the server runs an antihack system, dupers, hackers, cheaters will be permabanned for the duration of the test, and possibly for good.

That's all for now, I will update this link with a short video at some point showing some of the map.

Nigel

I like shame dont see these on commander, and launcher would love to have on a server .. but no one to play with lol

Why does it have to be an EPOCH map? hmmm?
what should be happening in those launchers is that there should be 'install' options for the mods and 'install' options for the maps. So you can run any mod, any map simply by checking the mod and the map.

Yeah, I agree. Epoch is GREAT .. once you remove the safezones, gems, overly complex building, safes, locked vehicles, 32 varieties of currency, and the hideous UI.
Bottom line is that epoch is for sissies ... the game is MEANT to be full of fear, desperation, scavenging, and more fear.
But thats besides the point. Why would anyone claim a map is for a specific mod?

Epoch by default doesnt use most of that stuff, and I have seen every map with all that crap, and my server has safe at traders.. and is not for the faint of heart lol.. ai spawn on you at spawn.. and every where on the map .. only safety is in the sky ... sometimes, when the ai choppers aint shooting at u .. and trader zone.. beyond that you are fair game

I have no idea what you are talking about. Dayz 1.8.2 isn't like that, and even if it were, a single line of code fixes the zombie attack distance http://opendayz.net/threads/zombie-attack-distance.15194/
I really think the traders, locks, and safezones ruin the game but that aside, I would gladly jump on board Epoch if they would update to Dayz 1.8.2 code and features. It has fixed so much in the game that its nearly perfect. I am currently using Epoch as a base for my custom mod simply because the building system is intact and i dont have to fool with BB1.3. I am actually thinking about trying to merge Dayz 1.8.2 with a Wasteland mission as IMHO wasteland has the ideal base building system.

But again, my entire point that I took exception to was someone insinuating that a map was for a single mod only.
and a mere six months later, the download is unavailable. so we cant even see what changes were made to the map.

LOL .. I was reading the post and it says EVR storms and you are protected with radio .. that doesnt make any sense. But I looked up EVR storm and see they called it blowouts. All this time I thought the Sheeps Repack script 'blowouts' was a tire on your vehicle.
But it still doesn't make any sense that a radio would protect you from whatever it is.
I think the blowout would come in useful on my custom mod ....

I take it u never played on Namalsk , thats where the EVR came from, that and Blood Suckers .. that are invisible till the final attack after stalking you, and they are like 8ft tall lol .. then you have the snow.. and freezing to death.. you would like it lol

Back