Official Release Thread for Version 2.0.1 [OLD]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, but I really do not have.May be a server error (setting)?I have to be unhappy.Bandage difficult to find and I often die from bleeding:(

I'm sorry, but I really do not have.May be a server error (setting)?I have to be unhappy.Bandage difficult to find and I often die from bleeding:(
Yes this a problem atm... There'll be a hotfix out soon. Stand by please :)

What did the 2.01 change?
And any update on dayzcommander?
Its just most servers are bare if its not on dayzcommander :( and its not fun too play a game with no one in it.

What did the 2.01 change?
And any update on dayzcommander?
Its just most servers are bare if its not on dayzcommander :( and its not fun too play a game with no one in it.

2.0.1 added bandage on player spawn and a slight increase in bandage spawns.

DayZ Commander: I doubt it'll come. We've tried numerous ways to contact dotjosh, but there seems to be no good way to talk with him. We've added him on Skype, tried to contact him on BIS forums, posted on the Commander forums but to no avail. We've also seen other modders have the same issue with this.

I played around 10 hours on v2 and v2.0.01. I like the changes. Thanks for working on such a great mod.

Here are a few observations I had:
  • In general, loot randomization spawn rates are much better. I found a minimum of weapons. After choosing the crossbow, I only came across four bolts...which made each bolt hard to part with when taking a shot.
  • I agree that bandages spawn rates are slightly too low. I found 1 after one hour and 2 more around hour five.
  • The single bullet spawn is a nice idea for the genre, but not so great in that a single bullet takes up one item slot. It would be fine if they could be combined into single clips/mags.
  • I like the fire strikers (magnesium rods), but I think it would be better if players had to find them.
  • I found several buildings that only contained 5 to 7 axes or crowbars with no other loot.
  • LOVE the gore when getting hit. It freaked me out the first time it happened. The next encounter. I was hit three times consecutively which filled my screen with blood spatter. That added a whole new level of panic. Good job. :)
  • I did not like the '30 second' log-out timer as it took 3 minutes, but I guess you guys are already looking at that.
  • The throw animation for empty cans and bottles is bugged. While holding a crossbow and throwing trash, the crossbow firing animation plays.
  • The functionality for throwing empty cans and bottles is also bugged. Windows no longer break and zombies do not appear to be distracted by the sound.
  • When throwing chemlights while in a two story building, the chemlight falls through the the second floor to the first.
Additional Suggestions (for this version or the Arma3 version):
  • You might consider adding matches or lighters later. They could have a max of 10 uses. When found, they would have from 0 to 10 uses left.
  • I wonder if it would be difficult to change how crossbow bolt retrieval works. It is annoying when a zed falls on the bolt and it cannot be retrieved. It would be nice if they would just show up in the zed inventory. A broken bolt could show up as broken (new item, of course).
  • I understand that view blocking from trees was removed. This does make the game more difficult, but removes some believability. What if you added tree blocking back in, but made the zombies very perceptive at short distances when following a target. That way, if line of sight is broken by a character hiding in a tree, the zombie will run to the area and still detect the player at a short distance. In order to escape, the player would not only have to break line of sight, but also move away from the immediate area. Obviously, I don't know how this would be to code, but I thought I would throw it out there.
  • The quarrel from vanilla DayZ is an excellent addition, so I hope that you will consider bringing that over.

Pro-tip for bandages... aircraft hangars, ATC towers, barracks and deer stands - that's it... the only place where there's a very slight increase in bandage spawn rates. Don't waste your time looking for them in any of the towns... even those with hospitals.

Love your mod but the new single bullet ammo kills it for me. I don't mind looting individual bullets. Not having the ability combine them though ruins the game play experience. From both a realism standpoint, and game play. All of the weapons currently in the game have mags. There aren't any bolt action rifles without them currently in the game. Keep up the good work but I encourage you to rethink the bullet ammo drops if you can't give us the ability to combine rounds.

Love your mod but the new single bullet ammo kills it for me. I don't mind looting individual bullets. Not having the ability combine them though ruins the game play experience. From both a realism standpoint, and game play. All of the weapons currently in the game have mags. There aren't any bolt action rifles without them currently in the game. Keep up the good work but I encourage you to rethink the bullet ammo drops if you can't give us the ability to combine rounds.
Yeah we understand this and we will think of a solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back