Official Vehicle List + Zone Map

Nonov Urbizniz

OpenDayZ Rockstar!
Staff member
If you've been following our mod since the initial release you may have noted the confused reaction to the very high vehicle counts in our vehicle DB (which did not include very many vehicle types).

Here is a sneak peak as to why (and some working numbers for the next update.)

We will eventually add the ability to randomize vehicle spawns (with some other surprises as well)

SO we have broken the map up into "Zones"
Admins will be able to set up the min/max vehicle spawn numbers for each vehicle type the server will then randomize unclaimed remaining vehicles on the next restart.

SO you may have seen a UAZ at a barrack you expected to repair the following day, but it might not be there the next day... Unless you've begun repairs...

Here is the Zone map... thrown together in paint very quickly... I'm not graphic artist:

SahraniZonesMap_zpsc17a52e2.jpg

As you will see there are 6 "Sections" and the 2 major landmasses are then broken down into "Zones"
Sections
======
(Updated 09 Apr 2013)
EML - East Mainland - 529 Vehicle Spawn Points
NWI - North West Islands - 36 Vehicle Spawn Points
NEI - North East Islands - 40 Vehicle Spawn Points
SWI - South West Islands - 48 Vehicle Spawn Points
SEI - South East Islands - 32 Vehicle Spawn Points
WML - West Mainland - 499 Vehicle Spawn Points

All Spawns are intelligently placed well labeled in the vehicle tables so they can be quickly and easily adjusted to the admins liking in the live DB...

Naming Convention Explination:
1st Part - Location Description
- 3 Letters for Land Mass then Letter/Number for Zone if applicable
2nd Part - Vehicle Description
- Normally just the description of the vehicle as found in the editor
3rd Part - Location Desctiption specific town or island

Naming Convention Example:
1st Black Gaz in East Main Land Zone 1 - EML_Z1 Gaz Limo_1 - Hunapu
5th Black Gaz in East Main Land Zone 1 - EML_Z1 Gaz Limo_5 - Tlaloc

Moving forward I am placing 5 of every vehicle type per zone for all 13 mainland zones...

The island zones already do, and will get even more "OP" vehicles...

One example would be RHIB MG's (8 Person Seal Boat with 50 Cal Front mounted MG) There are 3 on the map right now, however you must find them by first either getting a helicopter or boat up and running. Then you better hope you've brought enough to repair them!

Once the randomization is working we will add more spawn locations for the OP vehicles but we WILL continue with ONLY placing them on the far out islands... However obviously server admins will be able to add spawns for allowed vehicles in the way they always have.

Vehicle Spawn Point Totals
===================

This list and the totals need editing, this was a working list prior to the release, and we made a few additions and a few removals.. Will be updated this week.

Wheeled
======
153 - ATV
5 - BAF Offroad Dessert
4 - BAF Offroad Forest
7 - BAF Offroad MG
29 - Bus
70 - Gaz (Limo) Volha
26 - Hatchback (VW)
2 - HMMWV Dessert
7 - HMMWV Forest
4 - Lada (Green) (more will be added eventually)
108 - Motorcycle
5 - MTVR Refuel (US desert)
18 - MTVR Refuel (USMC forest)
3 - MTVR Repair (US desert)
4 - MTVR Repair (USMC forest)
18 - Old Bike
2 - Old Moto (Motorcycle)
65 - PickUp Hilux
65 - PickUp Tubeframe
4 - Pickup PK Guerilla
3 - Pickup PK Insurgent
74 - Skoda (Blue)
65 - Sedan
66 - SUV
16 - Tractor
58 - UAZ
65 - UAZ (Red) Lada
35 - V3S

Armored - Slated for next release
======
Tracked:
2 - M163 Vulcan RACS
2 - T-72 RACS
2 - M113 RACS
2 - BMP-2

Wheeled:
2 - BRDM-2
2 - Vodnik (BPPU)
8 - Vodnik (2xPK) Exposed gun position lower armor

Air
==
45 - AH-6X
6 - An-2 (Aeroshot)
4 - MH-60 (door guns 2 m240's) - Slated for Next release
26 - Mi-17
2 - MV-22 Osprey
38 - UH-1H
7 - C-130J

Sea
===
7 - Fishing Boat (more being added)
76 - PBX
7 - RHIB

Do you have any intentions of adding in more custom vehicle types - Ones that dont' exist in Arma2 by default.

I only say this because I really enjoyed the addition of the Gazelle heli's on Celle. I liked the plane on Tavi, etc... Basically more civi oriented vehicles. Even if you don't add them to your vehicles layout, simply having them IN the files so server owners can run them would be great. There's some real awesome custom vehicle work out there.

We are very strict about gaining approval from authors, since we are redistributing their work. We will spend some more time contacting addon makers, but our last round of requests went mostly ignored.

We got some approvals but we also almost always re-work the assets before including them.

Right now since we have been given the map files for Sahrani that and the building project will be our main focus.

It will be a full public release so anyone is free to add whatever they want on their own servers.

Eventually there will be MASSIVE amounts of custom game mechanics, addons, and features... but we deal with things 1 at a time and don't just slap stuff in for the sake of additions.

Oh I totally agree, I just figured if Graz got permission to use a variety of cool things, the authors wouldn't have any issues doing the same for you guys.

It's all good. I understand where you are coming from - You're keeping it as tight as possible and adding in increments to reduce the number of issues as you go through and test.

If there's anything I can do to help, I'd like that.

no. it would be largely pointless too, the way our spawn system works is there are no guaranteed anythings, vehicle spawns, loot spawns, quality of loot at loot spawns, they all vary greatly...

I've run through the same town 4 times on the same server and never had the same experience. We've added a lot of loot positions, but turned down the chances, and it's 1.7.5 base so the tables can be pretty stingy on their own.

Also it would be a lot of effort for something that is going to be changing a lot over the coming months. We will be adding and changing buildings, adding loot positions to buildings that were previously un-enterable, adding ladders to closed buildings for loot on rooftops... just too many changes for it to be accurate and the core design of the mod is trying to stop guides, exploits, and tricks from working.

Also due to the different hosts not using our added A2 buildings it would not be universally accurate.

Once we have a locked down A2 full map Port customized for DayZ then it would make more sense, but even then not something we would do ourselves.

This will allow multiple AMAZING functionalities and enable a lot of our randomization and zone specific ideas.

Example 1 - Vehicle randomization and checks - The server will be able to quickly check each zone for how many of any type of vehicle are present in that zone, then it can determine how many more it should add if any. This in addition to the existing global limits/checks will allow for a MUCH greater degree of control over the vehicles on the server every restart.

Example 2 - No More Rain in the Desert... increased or decreased rain, or fog, or any client side event in any of the zones above (and that is a LOT of things) It's such an important nuance IMO. Long term I believe we may be able to use this to draw different grass in different areas, IE long A2 hay style grass in some zones, and the short bright green A1 grass in others. I'm not 100pct sure on that though.

Example 3 - TANK ISLAND! - can be used to ensure armored vehicels remain only within a certain cell range of a certain zone.

Back