Offshore Drilling Platform

HeraclesJones

PREAMBLE - Structures on water are unstable in DayZ. Use at your own discretion. Safety helmet should be worn. Close cover before striking.

No zombies. No loot. Tries to kill you by freezing you to death. Bring a heat pack.

Actually, zeds don't spawn *on* this, but they spawn *around* it, in the water, and in great numbers. If you're looking for a somewhat unsettling creepfest to add to your roleplaying server, this might be it.

Notes
  1. It took hours of messing to get the pier models to somewhat match up, and they're still not perfectly aligned. Apparently, Czech game developers don't like things that line up nicely. I can't look at this any more, so you're going to have to tell your players that there was some seismic shifting going on. Or rough seas, hence the small cracks. Whatever.
  2. This will kill you by freezing you if you're on it long enough, so I put barrel fires around the deck. Just stand next to one occasionally, or bring heat packs. The barrels don't seem to put off light when it's raining, even the ones underneath shelters.
  3. No loot, and you can't set up tents, traps, sandbag walls, etc. Has something to do with being over water, the code thinks you're *in* the water. Also, attempting to heli-lift vehicles onto the platform apparently causes major havoc.
  4. I've been killed in DayZ by walking along the edge of this pier model in Cherno. Not sure if that bug was fixed, so be careful.
  5. Sometimes zeds can climb up onto the dock from the water and up into the platform, especially when water is washing over the dock at high tide. Beware.
  6. You can take a boat here and use the stairs at the pier, or you can land a heli on it.
  7. Within (long) sniping distance of land, in between Electro and Cherno.
  8. Tested on my server running 1.7.7.1.
Get the code here - http://pastebin.com/9FJaC6Y8
1. Save this code as "offshore.sqf"
2. Place the .sqf file inside your mission.pbo file
3. Open "init.sqf" and add the following line to the very end -
Code:
[] execVM "offshore.sqf";
NOTE: If you install this on your server, please post any feedback here... it will let me know what to do/what not to do on my other map additions. Thanks.

ZWiWsDU.jpg

Wbcq91w.jpg

V2z052c.jpg

Me too, but so far I haven't been able to build tents/sandbag walls/etc because it thinks I'm in the water. That's a problem with all areas that are built on water. There's a base building addon out there, where you can build walls, gates, etc., but I haven't tried it out yet. If you do, please post the results, would be interesting to find out if it works.

Well, I installed it on my Epoch server and i cannot build on top of the structure, I also cannot tow vehicles onto the platforms, as they glitch into the water and instantly blow up.

When I vehicle exploded, it also broke the pier, and raised it about 50m into the air

Yes, the pier models are unstable, even the default ones near land. You can land a heli on it though, that I tested. The pier will reset itself after server restart, though I've never seen that happen before.

EDIT - added your heli-lift info to the notes above.

Back