• Yes

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

Geoff

I'v had an idea that may help this community grow! You can properly guess from the the title but it's that Open Dayz has its own private hive. I'm not too sure about the specific details at the moment but I just had the idea. I shall list some of my ideas below:
  • Whitelisted (Having to apply to join the server)
  • More vehicles (More as in the integer and different ones such as SUV)
  • maybe a different map? or maybe not....
  • Develop custom hive software with the aid of the community.
  • Custom Dayz mod?
So yeah that is my idea...
If needs be and we get enough support on it, We (as in the community) can use my server because I don't really mind. My server only has 30 slots but it is managed by me and hosted in France.
Feel free to add me on Skype if you want anymore information or want to help- Skype: quacker_x
Thanks,
Geoff :)
PS: I really wasn't sure what section to post this in :/

Hi Geoff,

Your server, is it hosted or dedicated? Just wondering how much we can use of it (full OS or TCadmin?)

Great idea, by the way, give me an excuse to actually play DayZ for a change :)

To be honest I would probably be willing to give rdp access(with user rights) and it is dedicated in OVH data center. At the moment it can hold 30 slots full with out lag. I may possible install fire daemon so we can get some moderators/admins that can restart it.

I will probably be able to get a ts3 server up as well if people would like.
Thanks,
Geoff

OVH doesn't have a presence in the USA (closest is Canada), let me know if you would want a US server as I could just whitelist a third server on my current hive.

That sound pretty good! We could start a range of servers and I think having two in different countries would be good because there would be less complaints about lag and such.

One this is that I'm not sure how we could manage the whitelisting. unless we could have the whitelist on a MySQL database and then have a form to fill in for users to register and admins then accept there request.

I have seen other forums that just have a GUID field in their registration page and a script that runs every half hour to add those people to the whitelist. Seems to work well for the dayzland.eu servers running the taviana map.

Honestly though I bet there are plenty of people using this forum who would just like to get more traffic on their existing servers, myself included. Maybe we could just set up the whitelist through reg page and then have authorized server hosts use it for their servers then have a 'recommended server' page or something.

This would let us leverage the community and our server admins while taking advantage of existing servers and playerbases. We could just have remote sql access accounts for authorized admins and a script they run to periodically pull from and update their local whitelists.

Personally I have never had monkey monitor luckily and my server gets full most nights.
I don't really mind how we do this but I it may become difficult getting people to sing up. :/

A very annoying hack that runs on a server till it restarts. Can be harmless like a strange looking debug monitor or it can include the ability to kill anyone that logs in.

Tonight I'll be a on a team speak made for this. If you want to join and talk about dayz or anything or talk about this idea then feel free.
ip: 37.59.181.253:1111

Sooo yeah xD

Thanks geoff, sorry I am not to active at moment, snowed down with work, I will try and play though and get involved.

Back