Patrol Types and Settings

11Hotel

I've searched and found some generalized answers to questions or issues I am having, but haven't been able to nail anything down, so I thought I would ask for advice here.

I'm running a private local server for myself with Epoch 1.0.5.1/125548.
I'n using the NAPF map with No Plot required, Self-Transfuse, Build on Roads, DZAI, and DZMS.

I've changed the DZAI patrol types and settings but have not had too much luck. Here are my AI Heli settings:
//Maximum number of active AI air vehicle patrols. Set at 0 to disable (Default: 0).
DZAI_maxHeliPatrols = 15;

//Set minimum and maximum wait time in seconds to respawn an AI vehicle patrol after vehicle is destroyed or disabled. (Default: Min 600, Max 900).
DZAI_respawnTMinA = 600;
DZAI_respawnTMaxA = 900;

//Classnames of air vehicle types to use. Valid vehicle types: Helicopters and Planes (Default: "UH1H_DZ").
//Air vehicles that are normally unarmed may have weapons added by DZAI (see "DZAI_airWeapons" setting below).
DZAI_heliTypes = ["UH1Y_DZ"];

//Specify vehicle weapon for air vehicles that are unarmed by default. DZAI will arm these air vehicles with the specified weapons upon spawning each vehicle.
//NOTE: As of DZAI 1.9+, vehicle classnames are verified. If the classname is invalid (banned or nonexistent), it will not be added to the vehicle.
//Format: Each row containing a vehicle classname will be equipped with the weapon from the corresponding row in weapon classnames section. Ammo will be automatically assigned.
DZAI_airWeapons = [
[
//Air vehicle classnames (Remember: no comma for last entry! Otherwise, separate each string with commas)
"Helicopter1_ExampleClassname",
"Helicopter2_ExampleClassname"
]
[
//Corresponding weapon classnames (Remember: no comma for last entry! Otherwise, separate each string with commas)
"Helicopter1_ExampleWeapon",
"Helicopter2_ExampleWeapon"
]
];
If I want multiple heli types, should it be:
DZAI_heliTypes = ["UH1Y_DZ","UH1H_DZ"];
OR
DZAI_heliTypes = [["UH1Y_DZ",1],["UH1H_DZ",1]];
MAking sure that the number of types in the array are less than or equal to the amount of patrols specified?

Here is my Vehicle Patrol code:
/*AI Land Vehicle patrol settings

NOTES: This feature is only intended for demonstration purposes and does not represent the future finished version.
Therefore, there is NO support for using this feature, and it might not even work at all!
If you experience any problems using this feature, disable it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/

//Maximum number of active AI land vehicle patrols. Set at 0 to disable (Default: 0).
DZAI_maxLandPatrols = 20;

//Set minimum and maximum wait time in seconds to respawn an AI vehicle patrol after vehicle is destroyed or disabled. (Default: Min 600, Max 900).
DZAI_respawnTMinL = 600;
DZAI_respawnTMaxL = 900;

//Classnames of land vehicle types to use. (Default: "UAZ_Unarmed_TK_EP1")
DZAI_vehTypes = ["HMMWV_M998A2_SOV_DES_EP1_DZ"];
The same as above with the heli types, how do I make the vehicle patrols use multiple vehicle types?
Also, no matter what vehicle type I use, the AI never occupies the gunner seat or turret of the vehicle. And some vehicles also appear as "green" targets on radar instead of red.

Any help would be appreciated!

DZAI_heliTypes = ["UH1H_DZ","Mi17_DZ"]; it should select randomly.

I really don't know much about DZAI, (but I do know how to select a random item from a list as above) it initially was a very simple script but has morphed into a complex one with all kinds of options and it seems to confuse people, there are a LOT of questions about it.

@11Hotel The vehicle type list works exactly like the Epoch dynamic_vehicles.sqf list, so you do need to specify the number of each vehicle type. Check your server's Epoch dynamic_vehicles.sqf for the format.

Also from your code example, I recognize that as very old DZAI code. I recommend you download the newest DZAI version before you go any further.

@ShootingBlanks This is what happens when I bend too many times to people's requests to add more features and more ways to configure/fine-tune things. The original vision of DZAI was to make it so easy to use that all you needed was basic brain activity and a pulse.

I did a 'find in files' search for DZAI_heliTypes and it returned
Line 19: DZAI_heliTypes = ["UH1H_DZ","Mi17_DZ"]; //Classnames of helicopter types to use.

so I guess I need to
(A) stop trying to help when I really don't KNOW the answer, and (B) update my DZAI from version 1.9 :eek:

Thanks all for the quick replies!

I didn't realize I was using an older version of DZAI (I had reinstalled from an old back copy of my server).

Let's see if I can get some Ma Deuces shooting at me as I scour Napf for a damn crowbar.....:)

This is what happens when I bend too many times to people's requests to add more features and more ways to configure/fine-tune things. The original vision of DZAI was to make it so easy to use that all you needed was basic brain activity and a pulse.
Well, I was always a fan of Sarge because it had so many options and the DZAI was just bandits. I have to say its pretty full featured now and I am going to switch to using DZAI to at least learn how it works so I can offer advice. I haven't seen any posts about SargeAI in a while so I guess that addon is dead.

I used SargeAI before DZAI, and I liked how the groups could be either Survivor, Hero, or Bandit, and a lot of times you wouldn't know which until they started shooting at you.

But DZAI works very well with DZMS and I don't think I would use anything else.

I just need to figure out how to re-enable the FreeForAll mode. It's nice that the Face man disabled it because of issues between DZAI and DZMS, but as I'm running a private server I need all the help I can get by having the AI shoot at each other.

Anyone know how to re-enable FreeForAll mode?

Many changes happened with the removal of free-for-all mode that makes adding it back in complicated. Before, DZAI used both East and Resistance sides for AI but now it's limited to using East to minimize conflicts with other AI addons.

If you're desperate enough for FFA mode, this is a link to the changes that removed FFA: https://github.com/dayzai/DZAI/commit/dee81cb0da0edc642d34c80109ffcfbd9cecbc41. Generally, the lines in red are what you want to add in and the green are what you want to remove. Just be warned that I don't know of the potential side effects of reverting these changes.

Could those changes to the sides make radar contacts appear green? Or will they appear red if I put "_DZ" for the AI vehicle types?

Back