Possible I could see someones init and grps for 1.5?

Dusty Nuttles

Valued Member!
Instead of asking a bunch of stupid questions, could I just see someones init and grps from someone who's got 1.5 working flawlessly? Hopefully with a static spawn in there somewhere? Thanks.

Init : http://pastebin.com/NzRRfe3C
Grps Chernarus: http://pastebin.com/B4jZf97i

I tried to clean them up a little since I figured a init file that tries to start up several other mods other then Sarge AI wouldn't be helpful.

Im thinking you would be better off had you figured out making theese your self, but I guess people learn differently and some people might learn a lot more from examples.

Anyone seeing any bugs are more then welcome to scream out, this is working (I hope) but wouldn't mind cleaning it up more.

looks pretty good to me.

Thats a lot of AI, do you see performance impacts on your server ?

Thx & cheers, Sarge

looks pretty good to me.

Thats a lot of AI, do you see performance impacts on your server ?

Thx & cheers, Sarge

Hi!

Actually its less AI then I used to do. Used to have 3 times the vehicles and around 50% more infantry, plus 6 choppers. We are only around 2 people on my server so we figured we needed a lot of AI to compensate for the lack of other people (and walking zeds) ;) Though it was a bit too much I guess so we trimmed It down ;)

No, I don't have any server problems at all. The ones I usually have is the old laptop (yea that's the server, triple core 2.2 GHz!!!!) needing a restart once or twice per month ;) And that's pretty amazing since I can see with your debug that even if we aren't fighting any bots, there are always some AI's who are fighting each other so there's a lot of wasted server power...

Im thinking you would be better off had you figured out making theese your self, but I guess people learn differently and some people might learn a lot more from examples.

Reason I asked for the files is there was a few things I was unsure about. Sarge was the 1st script I messed with and its the most complicated one I've run into so I think I'm a little gunshy with the update to 1.5 especially as there is little update notes.

I'll tell you what I was unsure about.

On the bottom of Sarge sample init...not sure what to do with the below...

1.)

// overwrite dayz code shit
if (isServer) then {

// SARGE event handler to save relocated buildings
"SAR_savebuilding" addPublicVariableEventHandler {(_this select 1) spawn SAR_save2hive};

// overwriting the Dayz teleport check
"atp" addPublicVariableEventHandler {};

2.)

// Run the player monitor
if (!isDedicated) then {
0 fadeSound 0;
waitUntil { !isNil "dayz_loadScreenMsg" };
dayz_loadScreenMsg = (localize "STR_AUTHENTICATING");

_id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", { _id = [] spawn player_death; }];

//_playerMonitor = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf";
_playerMonitor = [] execVM "addons\fixes\player_monitor.sqf";

_null = [] execVM "addons\kh\kh_actions.sqf";

3.)

// Run the server monitor
if (isServer) then {
// SHK
diag_log "SAR_AI - starting SHK_pos";
call compile preprocessfile "addons\SHK_pos\shk_pos_init.sqf";

_serverMonitor = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf";
};

The only one I had a clue on was #3 as I recognize this from the previous install:

But wasn't sure what to do with the rest, if anything at all. In my 1st install of Sarge I had a hard time with the grps thing so seeing someone elses grps was just easier for me.

I'm definitely still a novice with scripts and one small error...missing space, missing letter/number, wrong area...the smallest error will screw everything up and figured seeing someone elses working edit was basically a time saver for me and a less painful experience for all you gear-heads here. And I mean that as an term of endearment.

Also I had a comment in another thread about how I had a bunch of errors in my rpt and once I downgraded from my previous install of 1.5 back to 1.0 the errors were gone, suggesting it might have been an issue with Sarges script. Sarge came in and asked for proof, so I figured I owe it to Sarge [as well as myself] to have 1.5 properly installed just in case I made some sort of install error that produced the inconsistency in my rpt, which is probably the case. I wouldn't want to remotely suggest any sort of criticism and stand behind it if I did in fact make the error myself.

As it stands, I did find an error on my end. My 1st 1.5 edit I had this:
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "addons\SHK_pos\shk_pos_init.sqf";

When Sarge's instructions for 1.5 said to put this:

Not sure if that had anything to do with anything, but its an install error on my part either way.

Sarge, if you get back to this thread can you explain this a little?

// Enable / disable AI xp system

What is it exactly and what does it do?

Sarge, if you get back to this thread can you explain this a little?

// Enable / disable AI xp system

What is it exactly and what does it do?

Its an xp system for your bots. each time they kill a player (and zombies maybe??) they gain xp. The more xp the more lvls, and the more lvls the more armor (shots until it dies) they get. I personally don run with this since we have had bad experiences with Rambo bots that took a whole f****** 50. Cal clip and a dmr shot to the head without carring. Was actually kinda fun but still was a little crazy. After I removed it we have had no incidents :p

On the bottom of Sarge sample init...not sure what to do with the below...

I'm as newbie as you, maybe 3-4 months older but still. I remember looking into the Sarge samples... that was a mistake. Personally I think it would be a good idea to delete the samples(since they are kinda confusing) and just go with the walkthrough that Sarge provided. If you follow it from start to end, you should have zero problems.

Back