[Release] mmmyum's zed changes - quantity, AI, spawning, permaLoot, permaZeds& more

mmmyum

Valued Member!
Help and discussion for mmmyums Zed changes, quality AI, spawning perma loot and perma zeds and more is welcomed here :)

Sounds great, server is messed up atm - otherwise I'd give this a go. Which one of these can be specifically applied to the mission file w/o the need for the players to dL anything else to join?
Almost everything is done with mission.pbo overrides. All of the new zed mechanics can be accomplished this way!

The only things that requires player downloads are the two addon mods - @yum_skins for players skins, and @yum_undeadZed for the zombie animations and full control over zed speed (allows medium pace zed)

Everything else is server-side only! --spawning technique, number of zeds, perma zeds, perma loot, slow zeds, zed ai, etc etc.

I've been helping with testing this - it's really something when you see 100+ z's shuffling towards you :D
@cramps --- thanks for all the help!

Sorry I don't use BE. You can figure that out, what's the restriction?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

When can we expect a detailed installation guide? I thought I was ok at implementing scripts until I had ago at this lol.

Very interested in this btw :)

It might be a little while still. I've had a working set up for a few weeks now, but it seems that no matter what I have to keep changing things - hence this being prerelease. No time to write a good guide.

If you like, add me on steam, I can try to help you/you can at least check it out on my server.

Keep in mind that scripts are changing almost daily. isathar just pushed a big update for the serverside zed changes (my addons seem stable for now, just getting this cfgFaces error on skin changes and 3 skins seem to teleport you under my LHD; animations mod is working, but we're incorporating blending of more zed animations as well)

player_spawnCheck, zombie_generate, and building_spawnZombie are the most important code- you'll need to override these in your mission init.sqf
Loot will not be generated using my version of player_spawnCheck. In the future I will try to dig up an old version with the standard dayz loot spawning. So you'll need my spawn_permaLoot - this has to be executed from the server, so add it as a compile and execute it on server launch, right before the hive starts. You also need building_spawnLoot for this.
Variables.sqf must be overridden in init.sqf - to set max zeds

These are the required files for the most basic set up of the zed changes. Now, the files on my git currently are not ready to go out of the box for such a basic set up (my current set up has permanent loot and permanent zeds - a building can only spawn a certain number of zeds total. If those zeds are not killed, and depsawn as the player moves away, the nearest building has a counter increased, which is used to respawn zombies. Loot is generated once per server start, and not until next start.) These things you'll have to remove if you want a basic set up ---- or wait for me to upload a basic version.

EDIT: you will also find that some references are made to different things like my modified zombie_agent.sqf, that you should comment out. - and fix the zombie's loot (now it spawns my skins)

Is the loot spawn code changing much? I'd like to implement "pre-spawning" on my server now but wait for the rest if this part is complete.

@cramps - loot code has been working for weeks in my code - but isathar has changed it recently to incorporate initializing a variable on each building for the zed spawning (to reduce spawn/desapwn lag mostly).
Totally go for the install if you're into it, - you'll also have to override the part that spawns loot in the vanilla player_spawnCheck.sqf, but thats the only other thing you'll need.

@TorturedChunk -Glad you're interested! - I will be updating my test server to the current system on github today, and I'm going to need some testers to see if we've solved the lag. Hit me up on steam if you want to help!

EDIT::: CRAMPS! you're also going to need to change the loot cleanup in server_cleanup.fsm - just comment it out, like my version, no reason to waste cycles checking if it should clean loot when we want permanent loot!

@cramps - loot code has been working for weeks in my code - but isathar has changed it recently to incorporate initializing a variable on each building for the zed spawning (to reduce spawn/desapwn lag mostly).
Totally go for the install if you're into it, - you'll also have to override the part that spawns loot in the vanilla player_spawnCheck.sqf, but thats the only other thing you'll need.

@TorturedChunk -Glad you're interested! - I will be updating my test server to the current system on github today, and I'm going to need some testers to see if we've solved the lag. Hit me up on steam if you want to help!

EDIT::: CRAMPS! you're also going to need to change the loot cleanup in server_cleanup.fsm - just comment it out, like my version, no reason to waste cycles checking if it should clean loot when we want permanent loot!

Thanks mmmyum I'll give it a whirl tomorrow. I'm game to help test, perhaps I can get a few guys from my server to come try too. Anyone reading this should come take a look too - it's a radical twist so help mmmyum out and maybe get something totally new for your servers.

UPDATE:

Newest versions on github are fully functional. Use my zed AI as the other one is still very buggy (zombie_agent.fsm)

New integreated spawning system should be faster (requires loot system now), and make for more variation - zed spawning is working great, and zeds are targeting and retargeting faster (less likely to be able to run past them!).
Most exciting is the new sleep phase in the AI that should allow for smoother spawning and increased zed numbers! (In tests I was increasing zeds by 300 and lost approx 5 FPS per 100 zeds, which is much better than normal!)

My major concern right now is network load, as zeds despawn they must send a varible across the network, which can lead to high load and packet loss if many zeds are despawning simultaneously.

As cramps said, I desperately need testers to come smash my server and see how far we can really take this. If you've got a shitty pc, that means you especially!

EDIT: first pic of zombie animations, video coming soon
WlpekTh.jpg

I tried out your unDeadZeds - Was pretty cool. I think there should be more random animations though. Seeing a horde all walking like that is kinda funky. Pretty fun though.

@Manatee Hunter - already in touch with some mod devs!

@TorturedChunk - new version of animation mod in testing and will be uploaded tomorrow to the github - with more animations/blending animations! So it won't look funky!

@Fr1nk - Sounds great! Please add me on steam so I can get you the server details/set up/on my teamspeak.

@Opticz - Let me know how it goes for you!

This weekend:
github split into testing and master
tutorial/download for client side - player skins addon and zombie animations addon
tutorial/download for server side - 1 time loot and zed spawns (perma), zed respawn system, increased zed numbers, better zed AI
more tweaks/improvements to the code

@ ALL
A few people have asked, so just to be clear here:

Client side
Player skins addon
Zombie animations

Server side
everything else -
zed spawning system, loot spawning system, zed AI, increased zed numbers
--- all the good zed changes except complete control over speed

Yes, I do mean that you can completely change the way zombies and loot spawn from your mission with overrides!

spawn_permaLoot install - required for zombies

call from server_monitor.sqf here:
Code:
//Monitor the object
//_object enableSimulation false;
dayz_serverObjectMonitor set [count dayz_serverObjectMonitor,_object];
};
} forEach _myArray;

// # END OF STREAMING #
//////////////////////////////mmmyum////////////////////////////////////////

if (isDedicated) then {
diag_log "YUM: Starting";
_lootYum = [] execVM "fixes\spawn_permaLoot.sqf";
//waitUntil{scriptDone _lootYum};
diag_log "YUM: Ending";
};

//////////////////////////////mmmyum///////////////////////////////////////
//Send the key
_key = format["CHILD:999:select b.class_name, ib.worldspace from instance_building ib join building b on ib.building_id = b.id where ib.instance_id = ?:[%1]:", dayZ_instance];
_data = "HiveEXT" callExtension _key;

diag_log("SERVER: Fetching buildings...");
(partial file shown)

BLENDED ANIMATIONS MOD - pre git testing
http://speedy.sh/TeGER/addons.zip

Back