Problems hosting publicly

Shub

Hey, so I'm not super experienced with server management so please, bear with me.

I have set everything up according to pwnoz0rs tutorial, and I CAN connect to my server via LAN. However, none of my friends can connect via the internet. They always get the "Connection failed" message. I do have ports 2302-2305 opened. I tried disabling my firewall but that did not help at all. Are there any extra configs or steps I may have missed?

Any help would be appreciated.

Did you ever get this resolved. I just found out I have the same issue. Been working on a fix for days, but no luck so far. All ports forwarded, turned off all anti-virus, shut down all firewalls, still nothing.

I have a similar issue. All my ports are forwarded and I can connect locally via the LAN finder but I can't see the server on the Server finder. I try use the Remote to connect to my external IP but it still won't display. Suggestions?

But you have to have the steamports because that is the master server list. Just add them in. and delete any reference to gamespy as it will just cause errors in your rpt log

Back