Putting Edited .sqf's in Client files

Samirocks123

Hello there, Ive seen people putting the .sqf's in theyre mission file, but that still requires a download upon connection, so im trying to put them in my client side files. I know they have to download it (Im running a custom mod), but for some reason, I cant get it to work. I have the paths set up correctly, well at least i think.

Heres my init line:

[] execVM "\z\addons\Map\elektro.sqf";

Ive placed the .sqf with the same name in that location, but whenever i join my server it says that script cannot be found, any ideas?

If it cannot be found then the path is wrong. Just put the folder "Map" in the root of your pbo file and exec

[] execVM "Map\elektro.sqf";

If it cannot be found then the path is wrong. Just put the folder "Map" in the root of your pbo file and exec

[] execVM "Map\elektro.sqf";

I just dont want to do that because i have over 5mb of edits and dont want players loading that through the mission file. Since i run a custom mod I would like for them to have it there.

Now I get ya, So they'll have to download your mod to play :)

I'll still go with my first answer, The path is wrong. Where are you adding the 5mb files too in your custom mod/pbo

Im adding it in a custom pbo "Maps", which is in addons along the code, so it should be

\z\addons\map\elektro.sqf

I have no clue whats wrong

Don't need to create a separate pbo for it, just store your edited map files somewhere on the server and make the call in server_functions.sqf:

http://opendayz.net/threads/adding-sector-fng-to-epoch-server.12723/#post-64467

edit: re-reading your post, I guess you didn't mean an actual new pbo file, just a new folder on the server

Wait, so could i just put the SQF's in the Addons Folder for my mod then call it from the server_functions.sqf, would it work then? or you could describe a little more what you mean by "Somewhere on the server"

Wait, so could i just put the SQF's in the Addons Folder for my mod then call it from the server_functions.sqf, would it work then? or you could describe a little more what you mean by "Somewhere on the server"

Here's what I did:

1) Created a new folder on the server in the same directory that the compile/init/system folders are: e.g. 'mapedits'
2) Copy your map file to the 'mapedits' folder: e.g. 'stuff.sqf'
3) In server_functions.sqf, added the following line at the bottom:

Code:
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\mapedits\stuff.sqf";

Here's what I did:

1) Created a new folder on the server in the same directory that the compile/init/system folders are: e.g. 'mapedits'
2) Copy your map file to the 'mapedits' folder: e.g. 'stuff.sqf'
3) In server_functions.sqf, added the following line at the bottom:

Code:
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\mapedits\stuff.sqf";

Okay i see what you mean, but wouldnt that just load with the mission file then? or is it done a different way?

Okay, theres a problem, for some reason whenever I upload the new Server pbo, its around 500kb, then when i start the server and look back where that server file is at, it for some reason re-sets itself back to 100kb, its like its not accepting the Server pbo and just deleting it and downloading a fresh one, any help? :/

Vilayer, they've run a custom server side code which has already screwed me over a million times, im guessing thats why this isnt working either, Vilayer is horrible when it comes towards customization.

Assuming you're working with default Chernarus, are you adding files to this folder:

\vilayercodecustom\dayz_chernarus\

Assuming you're working with default Chernarus, are you adding files to this folder:

\vilayercodecustom\dayz_chernarus\

So, like how you said place this: [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\mapedits\stuff.sqf";
would it still be the same in that location?

So, like how you said place this: [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\mapedits\stuff.sqf";
would it still be the same in that location?

Yes - the 'dayz_server' in the file location above maps to 'dayz_chernarus', or whatever other map you're running.

Let me get this straight. your running a custom mod? So people have to download your custom @DayZ folder/mod to play it?

If so then why dont you download the dayz_code.pbo from vilayer. Unpack it. Install your folder "mapedits" to your unpacked dayz_code.pbo and repack it.

In your init.sqf

[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\mapedits\stuff.sqf";

I finally got it to work ^.^ And paddy, its because i had the server files mixed up, apparently theres two of them, which confused me.

@Samirocks123 if you ever get stuck with vilayer adding scripts in or anything just hit me up and i will give you a hand or do it for you im on the ts every now and then to so you will see im a trusted helper so just message me if you need the help

Back