pyBEscanner

I currently have no server atm, wip

pyBEscanner is really a console app.
U should start a console window up i.e command prompt
cd /path/to/where/pyBEscanner
python pyBEscanner.py

Otherwise u will have your current problem i.e command window is closing before u can read the error message

:O He returns, on the day I close both my DayZ servers too :p I still use it and have even carried it over to Arma 3. Reality is still kicking but not as much as it used to. People just join the skype group now rather than post on the forums.

If your keen it's definitely worth getting back into as it's really for BE and not DayZ, and with Arma3 launch just around the corner, it'd be useful

Reactions: Doc
Hello

Torndeco, I have tried to use the cd command in command prompt but still no luck. This is what a wrote in cmd prompt correct me if i'm wrong i'm new to these commands in cmd prompt.

cd C:\Users\Ashleigh\Desktop\DayZ server\Dayz tools\pyBEscanner\pyBEscanner.py

I have bans added messages and reloading bans (with no rcon errors) but bans aren't showing up in bans.txt?

I deleted my old bans.txt and it seems to be working now, just re added all my old bans which hopefully doesn't break it :)

Are the ban/kicklists in this updated? Cuz it banned more or less everyone when testing on test server.

Hasn't been updated since 1.7.7.1 as neither Torndeco or I have DayZ servers anymore and we were the only 2 updating them. Feel free to make a pull request for changes :)

Hasn't been updated since 1.7.7.1 as neither Torndeco or I have DayZ servers anymore and we were the only 2 updating them. Feel free to make a pull request for changes :)

I put 2 weeks worth of logs through it when I was testing, there were only a few new filters I'll try and update the github once I've caught any remaining ones

Am just running a single epoch custom server atm...
Apparently no BE with new arma3 servers running via wine atm from what i readup :eek:

So basicly pyBEscanner development is stalled atm...
Its relatively stable & useable atm.
Afew small additions i wanna add at some point

Anyway its not to bad to make up your own filters... just point pyBEscanner @ a wrong location for bans file :)
While u do some testing.

Hello Torndeco

Just want to ask, i am running a small server at home and i have a few applications running already for my server. Such as BEC, Gotcha etc and just want to know if your log scanner is demanding for CPU, RAM etc.

Cheers. :)

Hello Torndeco

Just want to ask, i am running a small server at home and i have a few applications running already for my server. Such as BEC, Gotcha etc and just want to know if your log scanner is demanding for CPU, RAM etc.

Cheers. :)

It's a lot less demanding than BEC is from what I've seen

It's python so it has a very small footprint on your server, u'll hardly even know it's there. I have 2 running (Arma2 servers & Arma3 servers) and they use about 10Mb Ram each, and barely use any CPU

I have created a pull request for Torndeco to merge into his main repo, but they are very basic as they will be different for every mission, and every modification of that mission but it will require proper BE filters to begin with

Are the rules in the current branch fit to 1.8.03? Or is there someone who have the rules updated? I´m not so familiar with the regex thing ;)

Back