Random Zombie chase speeds.

TheDA

Shinkicker has gotten close I think, this hasen't made the client crash like everything else I tried, but I'm still testing to see if it actually works.

Code:
"//Move to target" \n
      "_forceValue = [2, 2, 5] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;" \n
      "_agent moveTo _targetPos;" \n
      "_agent forceSpeed = _forceValue;" \n
      "" \n

Any ideas?

On further inspection zombie speed isn't increased(back to near vanilla) but every once in awhile some don't shamble but take a few steps at the same speed.

So is it working now? I can't pinpoint the issue from your post.

Maybe try increasing the forceValue array [3, 5, 7]?

EDIT: was thinking about this, if you go above their current speed then the the model animation will fall out of sync and might start to see them ice skate a lot more.

Originally we slowed the zombies down to a value of 2 since at 3-5 then still ran the same speed because of animations. Adding the random array does not allow any of them to run any faster. It stays at a walk.
What I'll do later today is change it to 5,5,5 and see if they run like normal then slowly change it.

Vanilla value is 5 if I remember correctly.

EDIT
I seem to have forgotten something because setting it back to vanilla they still only walk. I'm assuming that the server and the client must have the same dayz_code for this to work.

I seem to have forgotten something because setting it back to vanilla they still only walk. I'm assuming that the server and the client must have the same dayz_code for this to work.

Yes.

zombie_agent.fsm
class Chase
Code:
      "//Move to target" \n
      "_forceValue = [2, 2, 5] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;" \n
      "_agent moveTo _targetPos;" \n
      "_agent forceSpeed = _forceValue;" \n
      "" \n

Is what I have now, the same array you gave me shinkicker. I'm still fiddling with values as this doesn't seem to be the only place related to zombie speeds. This does work in the minimal testing I've done, This does not make 1/3 of spawned zombies fast since it seems to be weighted towards the 2. Once I have a bigger test base done I'll have a better idea on it.

Back