Reason the Standalone may fail

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dawg711, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Dawg711

Dawg711 New Member

[deleted]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2015
  2. Hicks_206

Hicks_206 DayZ Developer Staff Member

The OpenDayZ forums are for discussion on modding and creating content for DayZ Mod and DayZ. Not to come dispute a steam forum ban.

3. Dawg711

Dawg711 New Member

My apologies but I am not here to dispute the ban that is not what the post is about. It is about the fact the game seems to be a scam like the Dead Lingor was.

4. Hicks_206

Again, this forum is for the discussion of modding. If you have comments about DayZ take it to the DayZ forums.

5. ShootingBlanks

ShootingBlanks OpenDayZ Guru!

Agreed with hicks, but we DO regularly discuss various merits of the mod and standalone although one persons ban issue might be a stretch. Curiosity got me to read the posts and it seems you were a tad bit 'unpleasant'. Nobody should feel that they cant express an OPINION, but there is a difference between an opinion and just being ANGRY and I think you maybe crossed the line a bit. And it seems they did ask you several times to calm your tits.

I dont think the standalone is an intentional 'ripoff' or scam, its just a slowly evolving game that was released into a market flooded by other zombie and survival games ... nothing makes it unique or special like the Dayz Mod was when it hit steam. Yeah, you would think with a fully functioning mod behind it, the Standalone would have been a quick and easy port with improvements. I played it once, wasn't impressed and even posted here that if they had instead concentrated on the MOD instead of splitting up the community between mod and standalone, it would have been better served. Now both are dying ... .. (LOL are you serious, they had to remove the zombies from the zombie game?)

BUT what caught my eye of this post was the fact that Hicks felt the need to reply to this post, his only post in the last TWO YEARS. While Dawg711 is off-base with the scam accusations, he seems to have hit a nerve. Probably a lot of pressure in that dev team nowadays ....

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2015
  6. Hicks_206

No - thats not how this works.

Someone linked me the thread while I was getting coffee.
    I'd encourage you to keep abreast of development before taking swipes - infected were not removed from DayZ - I had their spawning numbers turned down for a single build, while an issue that showed up in said build was resolved.

7. ShootingBlanks

ShootingBlanks OpenDayZ Guru!

I understood it was just a temporary issue fixed in the next build .. and that you take those kinds of accusations seriously and personally, as you should.
    Again let me say that I do not believe there is any intention by the devs to create anything other than an oustanding game.
    But you have to admit that having to reduce the zombies even for a single build is rather ... shocking? ... in a zombie game that has been in development for 3 years. As for keeping up with the current status, the devblog hasnt been updated in 7 months ..,
    I wish you the best of luck and hope for a stellar game, but 2 years after initial release its still in early access Alpha with no private servers that drove the mod so well ... myself and the majority (imho) of players/server admins, see the game as dead in the water. Most people have moved on. I think you can see where some of those people can think that they are just being dragged along with no real effort towards a full featured standlone release worthy of their $45.

muggerfugger likes this.
  8. Hicks_206

The title has been in active development for just over two years now.

Reducing a system during development while a blocking issue is worked on, especially one where the engine is being developed in tandem with a live in-the-consumers-hands build is not at ALL shocking.

DayZ.com is where you can find info on DayZ development, and has been for the better part of the last two years. Last update: yesterday.

9. CommanderRetra

CommanderRetra Yogi Bear|Moderator Staff Member

Do NOT dispute your bans here. We don't care. If you wish to appeal your ban take it up with a moderator privately. If you were going to post something like that you should have expected a ban.