[Release] Carepackage Cars, delivered by parachute from a plane

Gorsy

Valued Member!
Carepackage cars delivered by parachute from a plane help and discussion takes place here...

Any issues feel free to post, and ill reply when i get chance

This sounds amazing! but I don't get it fully!

Are you able to show a video of the plane dropping?

And how simple is it to choose the location?

You literally change the co-ords, and it will drop them at it, by picking co-ords at random

If you want to see a video check out my other post on the c130 dropping care packages, there is a vid of the carepackage version on page 3 or 4

the difference with this is, it drops cars at the co-ords, and u see the car fall out the plane with the parachute. And the small changes to allow the car to be driven once it has been landed

Soo what happens, A plane flys over the server, picks co-ords from the ones you set at random (you can change the amount it picks in the server_monitor.sqf), It then flys to this waypoint, drops a car, that falls on a parachute. when it lands, it shoots flares into the sky at night, and red smoke during the day. then the player can get in the car and drive away.

Stops the noobs moaning that there are no vehicles on the coast (because they all get driven into the map after a restart)
it will fly over every so often, and drop more cars along the coast. All these cars get deleted on server restart, so u might wanna make a message saying this kind of car will be deleted on server restart

Awesome I'll give it a shot, I tried the medical carepackages but it kept giving me errors, I'll post in the other topic about the issue though :)

Damn Gorsy, you've been busy! Haha, if you dont mind I would actually like to see a video of this particular script/mod in action! You are a beast at this kind of stuff!

Im not into making videos, way to busy with other stuff to sit there editing, but its basically the same as this video by gaga but shows the care below the parachute rather than the box.

The only real difference with this script is the changes to the coding that swallows the car as soon as you try to drive it (server classes it as a hacked vehicle because it wasnt spawned in at the start up of the server and deletes it) So I had to spend a few hours figuring out what was deleting it lol

Nice, sounds amazing! I just might have to try this out if my server ever gets populated =) How often do they drop right now? And do they drop on the road next to the coast or do they drop on the beach?

Its not pinpoint accurate but they drop all along the coast, u can change the co-ords inside the file, and change the amount it drops each flyover and the amount of time in the server monitor as stated above

Okay, sorry it took me this long to respond. A lot of stuff has been going down IRL, so haven't had a chance to hop on to the computer. I just might be switching my server to a PvP Chernarus after all, so I hopefully will get more traffic into my server. This will definitely be one of the first things I add. Thank you much Gorsy and keep up the good work!

Okay, so I tried to install this to my server and its not working. I'm on my phone atm, but when I get back onto my computer I'll shoot you my files and have you look at them if you would. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I set the timer to every 60 seconds but nothing ever spawned. Ian running chernarus but I have community assets installed so I should be able to see the c130 I switched it to. I didn't see any errors in the logs either. If I gave you my server file as it is right now (without the carpackage) would you be willing to install it for me? Compensation will be given =)

Well you can check your RPT log and post any messages here and ill have some idea,

I know c130s dont spawn on normal cherno, So have you tried it with the AN2? while testing set the timer to like 5 seconds.

Sorry for the delayed reply, I didnt get a notification to tell me there was a post here :eek:

and if you want me to look at it, my skype will be in your PM's

Okay, I got your Skype. But anyways it might be my antihack that I use. Not sure yet. I'll test it with the an2 then if it still doesn't work then I'll try it without my antihack.

Hello, I've recently started my own server and have been busy adding several scripts. I attempted to add this one, and I get the AN2_DZ flying around the map, but it never drops anything. I had it configured first to drop the UAZ, figured it would be a good test. It never dropped one. I then tried a hatchback car, and an SUV. The plane just flies around the map. Does this seem like an easy fix?

Hello, I've recently started my own server and have been busy adding several scripts. I attempted to add this one, and I get the AN2_DZ flying around the map, but it never drops anything. I had it configured first to drop the UAZ, figured it would be a good test. It never dropped one. I then tried a hatchback car, and an SUV. The plane just flies around the map. Does this seem like an easy fix?

Check you added server_cardrop.sqf correctly?

Yes all the necessary files were added/edited. Like I said, I have the AN2 flying around it just never drops a vehicle. I've redone the script countless times an the result is always the same.

Is there a way to put a bunch of vehicle classes so it drops them randomly? Instead of just one truck, It could drop a few trucks, a few cars, a bike?

I also need a way to make it so only 1 bi-plane drops 1 vehicle, cause atm 1 bi-plane drops like 4-5 cars in a line, and its really annoying.

Back