[Release] Custom spawn location based on UID (No Database Triggers)

Player2

Valued Member!
Custom spawn location based on UID help and discussion is welcome here...

Did you miss Gorsy asking you what's up saying he has it running on 2 servers?
Boo yah, soooo many scripts on our server, its gonna start to smoke soon

BTW IGNORE THE TROLL IN THESE POSTS BELOW THIS.

This 100% works

Any problems just post with actual information and we'll try to help you out

yes, whats up, we have it running constantly on two servers
PM me a link to your mission and server pbo.
I know you're looking for help but it really doesn't help the thread to have you denouncing this as broken on a daily basis especially after someone has offered to help you with it.

ok...so he has it running on 2 servers. Point ? I followed the post to a T and it isnt working. So i posted on here asking if anyone else has had any issues or luck getting it working. So then u jump all over me for asking for help ? Arent these forums for just that ? Helping one another out....not getting pissed when you feel someone is bashing your work/post when that wasnt the issue at all. I clearly posted my issue under his response. Didnt say it was a broken script....just wasnt working for me.

Thx for the offer but i got it working another way.

ok...so he has it running on 2 servers. Point ? I followed the post to a T and it isnt working. So i posted on here asking if anyone else has had any issues or luck getting it working. So then u jump all over me for asking for help ? Arent these forums for just that ? Helping one another out....not getting pissed when you feel someone is bashing your work/post when that wasnt the issue at all. I clearly posted my issue under his response. Didnt say it was a broken script....just wasnt working for me.

Thx for the offer but i got it working another way.

My point is you were still asking for help after it had been offered.

First what map are u running, this is proven on cherno and panthera.

If you have followed this and it still isnt working, then you ARE doing something wrong. I have noticed you in other threads saying things arnt working etc.

So I suggest you check your map can handle certain things, for example Namalsk cant spawn animated heli's

then follow the steps again, make sure other scripts arnt interfering and then

Check your co-ords are correct, and check your UID not guid is correct

My point is you were still asking for help after it had been offered.

Dont see where your going with this.....lashing out over someone looking for help on s script u posted. Like i said i got it working....dont worry about it.

Tried it on my server...added my uid and i still spawn randomly.

I aint picking on you, but when u post something like this, do you really expect someone to help you? Wheres the information? Wheres the name of your map? Wheres the links to the coding of where you placed the stuff from the tutorial? Do you expect us to waste our time to chase after you for free? We are more than happy to help people, but when I get replys like that, I aint gonna waste my time. So I dont blame anyone for not helping.

I wasnt bitching at u, I was stating the truth, I asked the questions that needed asking, and you took it as a personal insult, if it is not working then you HAVE done some thing wrong, I offered advice. If you would have replied with the map name, said you had checked that stuff, and it was correct, then I would have probably looked at your coding or player2 would have, if you put in pastebin or something like.

As it stands, Good luck, cuz u aint getting any help from me for acting like a 12 year old

P.S the repair stations I couldnt get working either, and if someone pointed that out then fair enough its the truth, thats why I built it another way which was less complex from my point of view.

Did you miss Gorsy asking you what's up saying he has it running on 2 servers?
PM me a link to your mission and server pbo.
I know you're looking for help but it really doesn't help the thread to have you denouncing this as broken on a daily basis especially after someone has offered to help you with it.

yes, whats up, we have it running constantly on two servers
Really Dude......So you hammer me saying that i didnt give my post much effort ? Does it really look like you wanted to be bothered with a reply like yours ? All i asked is if anyone else had it working ....your reply was far from a Hey whats up ? What map are you running...Paste your code here and ill take a look. Not even close. So dont get on here acting like some fuckin hotshot trying to make me look like an idiot and calling me a 12 year old. And player 2's response was uncalled for. I did nothing to either one of you and yet your both jumping down my throat. Like i said....I got it working . Dont worry about it.

Code:
if (isServer) then {

_vehicle_1 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _this = createVehicle ["USMC_WarfareBVehicleServicePoint", [2184.6472, 11934.977, 1.5258789e-005], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _vehicle_1 = _this;
  _this setDir -90.601379;
  _this setPos [2184.6472, 11934.977, 1.5258789e-005];
};
};
[quote="

P.S the repair stations I couldnt get working either, and if someone pointed that out then fair enough its the truth, thats why I built it another way which was less complex from my point of view.[/quote]

By the way...... Add the above code in a repair.sqf within custom folder and call it from your init file and you can repair vehicles without a trigger.

"[] ExecVM "custom\repair.sqf";"

Im not acting like a hotshot, I get things wrong all the time. Just like you got it wrong, You did because the tut works, I followed it for second server to make sure it worked, the fact I said you ARE doing something wrong made u kick off when there is no need for it, I dont mind being told im doing something wrong if other people have got it right

Your Original Post: Anyone get this to work?

My post: Whats up? I have it running on 2 servers.

Anyways the repair script if u want to define any building to become one, just follow my tut, lets u pick them

Hi I have installed a couple of scripts & all work fine. But I can't find my UID . I can find my GUID. What is the difference & how do I find my UID?

Your UID is a number assigned only to you, each player has one, it is how you are defined in your database.

There are 3 ways you can get this.

1) goto database profile tab, search your name

2) goto the arma 2 screen, profiles edit your character, UID is at the bottom

3) Log on my server 173.192.200.74:3102 your UID will be displayed at the top of your debug (map is panthera tho)

Your UID is a number assigned only to you, each player has one, it is how you are defined in your database.

There are 3 ways you can get this.

1) goto database profile tab, search your name

2) goto the arma 2 screen, profiles edit your character, UID is at the bottom

3) Log on my server 173.192.200.74:3102 your UID will be displayed at the top of your debug (map is panthera tho)
Thanks very much. It all working fine now.

See this is what a question when having an issue shud look like :) not just it dont work i followed the tut to a T lol

Enjoy the script :)

Several people have read these posts and agree that clearly i was jumped on for no reason.....step back and drop yourself down a few pegs. You telling me i did something wrong didnt set me off. Player 2's response was uncalled for. Thats what started all of this.

Im done....and no i'm not going anywhere.

Back