[Release] DZAI Lite - Dynamic AI Package

Buttface

OpenDayZ Rockstar!
ANNOUNCEMENT: DZAI has moved to its own section on the OpenDayZ forums! For more information and support, go here: http://opendayz.net/forums/DZAI/

DZAI Lite is a heavily simplified version of an AI mod-in-progress (DZAI, shorthand for "DayZ A.I. Extremely creative, I know.) that I've been tirelessly working on for the past 10 months or so. DZAI Lite is a tiny package that requires no configuration to operate. Just install it and run.

GitHub Link: https://github.com/dayzai/DZAI-Lite (discontinued)
New Link: https://github.com/dayzai/DayZBanditAI
Support/Discussion Thread: http://opendayz.net/threads/release-dzai-lite-dynamic-ai-package.11116/

I update this package several times a week, along with its sister package, so always stay tuned for important updates.

Features:

- Installed to your server's dayz_server.pbo - nothing is downloaded or run on clients.
- AI spawning is completely dynamic and automatically generated - there is no need to manually add spawn points.
- AI weapons are assigned by using data in DayZ's own CfgBuildingLoot configs, so AI can use any lootable weapons.
- AI spawn points with no players nearby will periodically relocate themselves around the map area, so there is no predicting where AI will show up next.
- The number of AI spawned is dependent on the number of players within the trigger area, so the difficulty is self-adjusting. The more populated the area is, the more AI that will spawn in. (Minimum of 2±1 to a maximum of 6±1)
- The AI despawn when there are no players in the area, or some time after they are killed.
- Designed to be compatible with every DayZ map*

* Tested on Chernarus, Namalsk, Namalsk 2017, and Isla Duala, but should also be compatible with the following maps (Please let me know if these maps work for you):

• Utes
  • Zargabad
  • Fallujah
  • Takistan
  • Taviana
  • Lingor
  • Oring
  • Panthera
  • Sahrani
DZAI Lite has also been verified as working on DayZ 1.7.7.1 and is also backwards-compatible with all previous versions.

Limitations:

Because DZAI Lite is a one-size-fits-all package, compatibility comes at the cost of certain features.Because DZAI reads from CfgBuildingLoot to collect weapon classname data, updates to the DayZ mod have the possibility of causing issues. If this happens, disable the dynamic weapon list feature in dzai_variables.sqf by setting DZAI_dynamicWeaponList = false. This will allow DZAI to read from a preset list of weapon classnames instead, however AI weapon variety may be limited.

Do not install DZAI Lite with any other AI package. Problems will happen.

Installation Instructions:

1. Download DZAI Lite: https://github.com/dayzai/DZAI-Lite
  2. Unpack your dayz_server.pbo
  3. Copy and paste the downloaded DZAI folder inside dayz_server (you should also see config.cpp in the same folder)
  4. Edit dayz_server/server_monitor.sqf
  5. Search for the line that says
    Code:
    waituntil{isNil "sm_done"}; // prevent server_monitor be called twice (bug during login of the first player)
    (use CTRL+F)
  6. After this line, add the following:
    Code:
    call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\DZAI\init\dzai_initserver.sqf";
  7. Repack your dayz_server.pbo
  8. Run your server
Watch me install DZAI in 50 seconds:

Settings are configurable in DZAI\init\dzai_variables.sqf, but I'd advise you test out the package with factory default settings before changing this file. To verify that DZAI Lite is functioning properly, enable debug markers by setting DZAI_debugMarkers = 1; in dzai_variables.sqf. If enabled, colored markers will appear on your Map detailing current locations and status of all dynamic trigger areas, AI positions, and AI patrol waypoints.

Screenshots:

With debug markers enabled, inactive triggers are marked with yellow circles. Periodically, a trigger is randomly selected and relocated randomly. In recent versions, measures have been taken so that dynamic triggers are distributed more evenly across the map.

Chernarus (with 10% overlap tolerance*)

2ef.png

Chernarus (before overlap prevention was implemented):

* Significant trigger overlap may happen occasionally if a suitable location cannot be found within three attempts, but AI spawns will be reduced if a nearby activated trigger overlaps with another trigger to prevent an overload of AI being spawned.

About the AI:

- The AI are hostile to all player units and work together. They're not meant to be your friend.
- The AI's skill settings is dependent on the weapon they are given. AI with rarer weapons will have higher skill parameters.
- The AI carry a minimal amount of gear to prevent farming. Each AI unit will carry: 1 weapon, 1 magazine, possibility of binoculars, rare possibility of NVGs.

I have personally tested this AI package on Chernarus and Namalsk with no noticeable issues. DZAI Lite should be compatible with every DayZ mod that shares most of DayZ's original weapon set as well as any future DayZ mods. For new maps that DZAI doesn't recognize, it will use a set of default settings instead.

Also, a necessary disclaimer: to my best knowledge, this AI package is functional and will not FUBAR your server. However, there may still be bugs that I haven't yet found or fixed.

Back