[Release] pick spawn and loadout

Ebay,
I am not using any Anti Hack so that cant be the issue.
I have tried changing
Code:
sleep 5;
waitUntil {!dialog};
systemChat ('Use your scroll wheel to select a spawn location!');
cutText ["                \nUse your scroll wheel to select a spawn location!","PLAIN"];
execVM "newspawn\newspawn_main.sqf";

To:
Code:
sleep 10;
waitUntil {!dialog};
systemChat ('Use your scroll wheel to select a spawn location!');
cutText ["                \nUse your scroll wheel to select a spawn location!","PLAIN"];
execVM "newspawn\newspawn_main.sqf";

but that didnt make any difference.

I was assuming that maybe i needed a long wait so the scroll would show.
I'm not a coder but i can understand basics of a code.

Also using your previous sugestion of:
Code:
[] execVM "newspawn\newspawn_execute.sqf";
Works, but still no scroll menu.

Buggered if i know whats happening here :(

I know it would mean altering your script but, is there a way to make this a Button for the menu to apear? or for the menu to appear on the screen?
If its too much stuffing around and coding forget it but, i was thinking might be a simple solution/Upgrade.

Regards again,
Ginger

upload your mission pbo and I'll see if I can find what is wrong
Here it is as requested.
I did how ever before coming to work add in the Halo Spawn Script which seems to work fine. (havent yet added the Vehicle exception in for your script though)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/01zmueun2mprn5k/DayZ_Epoch_13.Tavi.pbo

Cheers,
Ginger
p.s If we get this thing to work on my server i'm sure alot of Aussie will praise you for your efforts. (I have the only AUS Epoch Tavi Server (well i hope im still the only on because i was the first :p))

hi im trying to make this work with my halo spawn. i want to be able to select the classes once i touch down on the ground... atm, after i select my location it takes me there and puts me back in a halo spawn but then asks me to select my class straight away. like is said i dont want this option until i touch down...

Here is the script..

Code:
if (dayz_combat == 1) then {
titleText ["You can't select a spawn point while in combat.", "PLAIN DOWN", 3];
sleep 5;
titleFadeOut 1;
} else {
titleText ["Spawning at selected location...", "PLAIN DOWN", 3];
_ebayrandomspawn = [[4388.23,2263.44,1200], [5683.43,3004.63,1200], [4517.41,2420.66,1200], [5171.99,2070.86,1200], [4253.29,2533.43,1200]] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
player setPosATL _ebayrandomspawn;

sleep 2;
titleText ["Spawned!", "PLAIN DOWN", 3];
sleep 2;
titleFadeOut 1;
if ((getPosATL player select 2) == 0) then {
execVM "addons\spawn\classes_execute.sqf"};
};

you can see at the bottom there that i have added in 'getPosATL player select 2' which gives the altitude of the player. so in theory having the == 0 would then activate execVM "addons\spawn\classes_execute.sqf once there altitude is 0 (on the ground)?

i know im probably going about this completely wrong so if someone get spare some time to help that would be real nice... Thanks a million in advance

Peter

thanks for that ebay... ive got 1 more question for you mate... any chance of having this script start before you character loads... what i mean is any chance cut to a black screen and have the options show up before you start?

What im trying to do is incorporate the halo script with it a better way. instead of halo'ing in, landing then selecting another spawn i want to have a spawn screen show, select your location then start the halo jump...

@ebay,
Thank you,
Sorry to waste your time there, I could of sworn it was correct. the amount of times i looked over it.
But thank you,
Script is working perfectly now and is fully compatible with Halo Spawns.
+1 for this script
and Yes Guys!
It works beautifully on Epoch 1.0.2.3 And Taviana.

In that case I think it is because Taviana's spawn code is different. Player2's init.sqf code probably won't work on Taviana to trigger the script on respawn like it should. You can test this easy enough. In init.sqf just delete player2's code block:
Code:
p2_newspawn = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "newspawn\newspawn_execute.sqf";
waitUntil {!isNil ("dayzLoginRecord")};<Sahrani uses old code so i changed this to suit>
if (dayzPlayerLogin2 select 2) then
{
    player spawn p2_newspawn;
};

And instead put this at the bottom of init.sqf:
Code:
[] execVM "newspawn\newspawn_execute.sqf";
That will execute it every time a player logs on whether they died or not. If that works then you know it is Player2's respawn trigger method which is not working on Taviana.

Trying to get this to work on Sahrani and have come across the issue of not having the menu's up when being a new spawn but when i run the init with the command line
Code:
[] execVM "newspawn\newspawn_execute.sqf"

the menu appears fine for spawn and classes but obviously it does this for every spawn old and new,do you know of a work around for this so it will work just for new spawns? Just as a note Sahrani has gender selection for new spawns if this could be the problem.

I can provide you my pbo's if necessary, thanks in advance if you can help :)

For Epoch 1.0.2.4 you need to use the new login variable:

PVDZE_plr_Login

So the init.sqf code should look like:
Code:
p2_newspawn = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "newspawn\newspawn_execute.sqf";
waitUntil {!isNil ("PVDZE_plr_Login")};
{
};

For regular Chernarus 1.8 the login variable is PVCDZ_plr_Login. If you are not sure what the correct login variable for the mod you are using is just check the bottom of server_playerLogin.sqf

Not working for me!

i did change that and it still wont work. do i need to change any thing else?

Woops sorry guys made a mistake in my post. The correct variable is PVDZE_plr_LoginRecord. So it should look like this:
Code:
waitUntil {!isNil ("PVDZE_plr_LoginRecord")};
{
};

Just tested and it is working. If anyone is wondering the new nametags scroll option in Epoch 1.0.2.4 does not overwrite it. You get to pick your spawn point first then display name option after.

Back