[RELEASE] Sector C

I could hep you with the A.I. placement if your using DZAI. I know shootblanks doesnt like it and personally if I didnt take over a server with it already setup I would use Sarge, Sarge is way more flexible but I am stuck with what I have.
Anyhow if your using DZAI placing the A.I. all you need is the worldspace coords, and you need to pick what level you want them to be and the number of A.I.
I do agree with Shootingblanks it dos condition people to KOS when the A.I. can be wearing any kind of skin but my players like to "Take Clothes" from the A.I. drop when they kill them,

DZAI skins are adjustable. It only takes the will to search for how to change them to only the skins you want. I may have to setup a tutorial on how this is done, when I have the time to prep it (this weekend at the earliest).

The problem is admins WANT them to look like survivors I think. When using sarge and you wander onto a hilltop to watch the soldiers attacjing a bandit camp, you will never go back to dzai.

Maybe my next project is to modify dzai to allow for friendly side groups also. That would add a lot of usefullness to it.

But we digress and every post chris has to read delays the base another 30 seconds

When using sarge and you wander onto a hilltop to watch the soldiers attacjing a bandit camp, you will never go back to dzai."

How is it different? what would not make me go back.......besides being able to have friendly sides?

LOL. Not much I can do at the office during the week and with class 2 nights a week, girl scouts w/ my daughter, her soccer practice...yeah...the weekend is about the only time I really have time for any DayZ stuff.

Maybe my next project is to modify dzai to allow for friendly side groups also. That would add a lot of usefullness to it.

Oh I know where the faction settings are located...I've already tested it...but it was just a small test...Bandits are set to EAST, however the the Russian skins I use are apparently labeled as RESISTANCE. I was able to run around with the russians not attacking me...problem is I couldn't get the russians and bandits to attack each other.

We should really move this convo to a new thread...

When using sarge and you wander onto a hilltop to watch the soldiers attacjing a bandit camp, you will never go back to dzai."

How is it different? what would not make me go back.......besides being able to have friendly sides?

DZAI etc don't use UPSOM. Sarge AI does, it makes a world of difference. Where DZAI and others just lounge about the objective or spot, sarge will send out patrols, haul up inside a house etc etc

the weekend is about the only time I really have time for any DayZ stuff.
Chris just wondering how the progress is i was hoping that you might be able to tweak the fixes and release this weekend so i can add it and add some AI to it and see how its goes

Chris just wondering how the progress is i was hoping that you might be able to tweak the fixes and release this weekend so i can add it and add some AI to it and see how its goes
I have my test box up and running, if you PM me, I'll give you the IP and password so you can go check it out yourself. I don't have much time during the week to actually play DayZ, so your input will would be great and will help move this along faster for release.

Currently on my test box the AI is disabled and the missions are disabled. THis way you can get up to Sector C without being harassed.

Possibly. I have to raise the office building a hair...half the first floor has a carpet of grass covering it.

But it should be ready this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

would like to spawn AI on the walls, as any loot with AI inside, players land on the walls and sniper, then go inside, any one have an idea how to spawn AI on the walls or a better idea?, i cant get the elevation in to DZAI static spawns

would like to spawn AI on the walls, as any loot with AI inside, players land on the walls and sniper, then go inside, any one have an idea how to spawn AI on the walls or a better idea?, i cant get the elevation in to DZAI static spawns

Are you using SARGE or DZAI? You should be able to setup a heli patrol or two, to cover the wall perimeter which would help deter players from camping on the walls and sniping.

I don't mess with ARMA 2 anymore, so support from me is no longer possible.

just put a location for ai on the walls. give a narrow radius so the always spawn on the wall. I put ai on top of zub castle and the building in green mountain. you have to use the arma editor to get the exact coordinate and x y

i have TP my self on top of the wall and logged out, i have checked my world space in the database, and copied that as a Spawn point for the AI, i also checked the files for the Wreck Heli on the wall, and it checks out good as far as its worldspace and position, so i have used that data as the spawn point, but still no joy.
this is my coords, can you see anything wrong?, i would rather not use another Heli, but thanks for the suggestion.
coords=2364.9009, 11938.505, 30.710915

Can someone tell me how in DZAI to get ALL ai to spawn with same skin (Camo1_DZ). Or just tell me what folder i am looking for. i must be missing something and going blind looking. lol
Thank you in advance
Thug

Well the DZAI support forum would have been the place to ask but ..
https://github.com/iaretechnician/DZAI/blob/master/DZAI/init/dzai_config.sqf
dzai/init/dzai_config.sqf seems to be the file you want to edit
Code:
//AI skin classnames. DZAI will use any of these classnames for AI spawned. Note: Additional skins may be included on a per-map or per-mod basis - see folders in \world_classname_configs
//------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DZAI_BanditTypes = ["Survivor2_DZ", "SurvivorW2_DZ", "Bandit1_DZ", "BanditW1_DZ", "Camo1_DZ", "Sniper1_DZ"];
change that to
Code:
//AI skin classnames. DZAI will use any of these classnames for AI spawned. Note: Additional skins may be included on a per-map or per-mod basis - see folders in \world_classname_configs
//------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DZAI_BanditTypes = [ "Camo1_DZ"];

And that should do the trick.

and it mentions to check the world_classname_configs that are in the same init folder .. for special skins for your map (if any), but remove those extra skins so only the camo1 is used

Back