Respawn at Celle, after reconnecting.

Update:
I just think about the fact that mine isn`t stock as well. :(
Meaning that i have added carepkgs, wrecks and buildings addon. (Bliss)
Did not change anything manually though.
But this means there are allot of add-on combination possibilities, resulting in the fact that there probably won`t be any 'stock' dayz_server.pbo.

@Shinkicker, that would be the solution.
We really like the map, so please keep up the good work. :)
I have to say Celle already runs fine on 1.7.4.4, except this bug.

Nothing was changed in the dayz_server.pbo, and so there is no stock celle file. Its whatever bliss or pwnoz0r release. If any spawns are set its within the mission file.

Can you let me know what you changed stapo (and thanks for your help too). I am just porting to 174 and so I can include it.

well can you send me the 'stock' bliss dayz_server.pbo?

since im modifying radius's of markers, it only needs to be done PER MAP so editing the official will not help...

thats why i asked could you send me the default one used by celle...

but i will write up instructions soon.. just finishing off DayZ+ 1.0

the dayz_server.pbo is generated by the build.pl command during bliss setup and has nothing specific for celle except for the chosen packages,

I'll cleanly reinstall my celle instance today and do some testing tonight on dayz 1.7.4.4

*edit* hmm nvm you got your answer allready while i was typing :p

As requested, i copied/moved this from the 1.7.4.4 release topic:

Dear Shinkicker,

May i ask if the spawn problem is fixed in this release?
Allot of players are leaving the Celle servers because they respawn almost every time after a reconnect.

If not, i am afraid i have to take down our Celle server because it`s simply unplayable like this...
Unless (and i hope) you have a temp fix for us admins.

Can you please keep this to the original thread already open? I am trying to fix this, even though its in the server build (dayz_server) and the hive which has nothing to do with Celles code base.

If you need to shut down your servers, so be it. I do this for free while raising a young family and doing a day job, so there is only so much I can do sometimes. if that is not good enough, so be it.

Dear Shinkicker,

Please don`t get me wrong. And let me make clear that i respect you for your work.
And like us you are just a human being with only two hands and one brain.
My intention was definitly not to push you what so ever.
As i respect the fact that you are putting in allot of your free time.
My opologies for the fact i misunderstood this bug.
For what i understood it was a Celle bug, not one created by Bliss/Pwnzor.
But once again, i misunderstood. And it appears not to be on your end.
I was just asking if it was fixed, besides i had the feeling you were not well informed about the scale of this problem.
The fact that you can`t solve the problem is understood.
But do us admins a favor, and please give people the heads up that this bug exists and is being worked upon by ....
Setting up a Celle server is at this moment useless because of this bug.
So it might help other admins to warn them about it, instead of letting them reinvent the wheel.
If i can be of any assistence in writing a guide about to do a quick fix, i would be happy to do that.
But currently me and most other Celle admins are desperate on how to fix this.
I don`t mind if it will be fixed in a month. But all i ask is to give us a heads up on whats the deal with this bug.
Who is responsible. Touching in the dark is the worst part.
Regards,
NightStalker

No worries, sorry for lashing out.

It seems there are two issues here, so it will be easier to understand what is going on if we separate them out.

The first seems to be perhaps my centre west spawn point. This I intend investigate as priority tonight. But it is only the result of what I consider to be a primary issue which is the hives access stablilty.

From what I can see the root issue which needs to be resolved is the read / write issues to the hive (perhaps more write) and the related network drops that you witnessed in your RPT. Changing your dayz_server , I don't believe will fix that. Players will still be spawned in another location if the hive write fails. The hive is typically downloaded with the server version you use (its a DLL that manages DB connections)

Example one:

Code:
22:28:28 "LOGIN ATTEMPT: "5096966" snajdan"
22:28:28 "READ/WRITE: ["PASS",false,"1",[347,[7083.46,4574.02,0.001]],[["m8_compact_pmc","Binocular","NVGoggles","M9","ItemFlashlight","ItemWatch","ItemMap","ItemMatchbox","ItemKnife","ItemFlashlightRed","ItemCompass","ItemHatchet"],["ItemMorphine","ItemMorphine","30Rnd_556x45_G36","30Rnd_556x45_G36","30Rnd_556x45_G36","15Rnd_9x19_M9","15Rnd_9x19_M9","15Rnd_9x19_M9","15Rnd_9x19_M9","15Rnd_9x19_M9","ItemBandage","ItemJerrycan","ItemJerrycan"]],["DZ_Backpack_EP1",[[],[]],[[],[]]],[3373,0,0],"Rocket_DZ",0.96]"
22:28:28 "LOGIN LOADED: B 1-1-A:2 (snajdan) REMOTE Type: Survivor1_DZ"
22:28:29 "Adding MPHit EH for B 1-1-B:1 (snajdan) REMOTE"
22:28:29 "READ/WRITE: ["PASS",[false,false,false,false,false,false,false,12000,[],[0,0],0,[1666.92,621.076]],[142,25,0,0],["m8_compact_pmc","amovpknlmstpsraswrfldnon_gear",42],[347,[7083.46,4574.02,0.001]],3090]"
22:28:29 "LOGIN PUBLISHING: B 1-1-B:1 (snajdan) REMOTE Type: Rocket_DZ"
22:28:29 "LOGIN DUPLICATE PLAYER: B 1-1-B:1 (snajdan) REMOTE DELETED ORIGINAL"

* note, it would be good if you can capture the logout too as this is likely where the failure is.

And the network exceptions on the other side:

Code:
12:46:04 Server: Network message 30c217 is pending
12:46:04 Server: Network message 30c218 is pending
12:46:04 Server: Network message 30c21a is pending
12:46:04 Server: Network message 30c21b is pending
12:46:04 Server: Network message 30c21c is pending
12:46:04 Server: Network message 30c21d is pending
12:46:04 Server: Network message 30c21e is pending
12:46:04 Server: Network message 30c21f is pending
12:46:04 Server: Network message 30c220 is pending
12:46:04 Server: Network message 30c28a is pending

So what happens is the player logs out, it fails to write the world position to the hive, and so when the player logs back in they get thrown into the debug plains (Survivor1_DZ). I have seen this happen to when someone shutdown a server without letting people log off first.

Now what I can do is change the co-ordinate of the respawn location. I don't think the radius should matter as Celle is smaller then Chernarus.

But for the hive write / read issues, this a little tougher for me as its purely coded within the hive. I don't touch the code that updates the player world position to the hive or anything near to the cleverness that's involved there. My main tasks as a map porter were to configure the world as the missions environment and rewrite the loot spawn locations (for example the new supermarket). The rest is all stuff coded by rocket and the hive developers.

So the root issue needs to be fixed. I will talk to ayan and VR Shiva (or better still rajkosto who coded the hive I believe). What I can do in the meantime is set the random spawn location to be more central and so its less out in the wilderness and stapos radius change can narrow it even more.

As an extra note, I spoke with JoSchaap to see if he had any issues as he runs a busy Celle server. He seems to be OK, but that maybe as he uses a high end xeon system, and a separate unix machine running mysql on gigabit direct-link (beast mode!)

So with the overkill hardware, it may be covering over the write access issues and that is why he seems ok.

ive just updated the lot to 1.7.4.4 1 minute ago. cant test since im drinking beer at work (fridays ;) )

ip in my signature if anyone wants to test

Shinkicker, thanks for your quick response and crystal clear explanation.
I will wait patiently for any news/update. If i can help you in any way, just contact me :)

As an extra note, I spoke with JoSchaap to see if he had any issues as he runs a busy Celle server. He seems to be OK, but that maybe as he uses a high end xeon system, and a separate unix machine running mysql on gigabit direct-link (beast mode!)

So with the overkill hardware, it may be covering over the write access issues and that is why he seems ok.

Hive and Server are running on a dedicated (overlocked) i7 2600K, so not a XEON.
But it doesn`t peak over 20% CPU performance.
Problem also persists while i`m alone on the server, while being on the same (gigabit) network as well.

@JoSchaap, you just made me drool with that server config......
I will test if my problem also persists if i join your server.

p.s. greetings from another GoTèr, as you can probably make up from my server info above :)

Hive and Server are running on a dedicated (overlocked) i7 2600K, so not a XEON.
But it doesn`t peak over 20% CPU performance.
Problem also persists while i`m alone on the server, while being on the same (gigabit) network as well.

@JoSchaap, you just made me drool with that server config......
I will test if my problem also persists if i join your server.

p.s. greetings from another GoTèr, as you can probably make up from my server info above :)

Yeah, don't get me wrong buddy. I am not saying its your hardware, more that JoSchaap might not be seeing the issue as he has arma2oaserver on hulk steroids.

He could likely run amazons cloud service on his kit.

@shin in your latest 174 zip (linked to on ayans readme.md) the dayz_celle files are not inside the /ADDONS folder!

this might end ppl up in running an old version :)

as for the comments on the spec here. the hardware might be cruelly good the connection is just a 20/20 mb fiber link (high end routers though) :)

Dam! Its because I zipped up on a linux box (different paths / \) and now I need to get round the folders starting with '@'

about the respawn issue, i dont have any problems.. i dont know if its because of the addons folder issue? :)
i also removed all old 1.7.2.6 fixes from the mission file (bliss now also updated it)

This is tricky one. I have been testing this tonight, by logging in and out repeatably. Can't recreate it.

One thing I can suggest for now is set your center_west in the mission file to the following:

position[]={9211.5449,6.3570013,2152.9922};

I will keep trying until my next post.

First i have to thank you for this wonderful port of Celle and the good server from NightStalker.
So a friend of mine and i figured out the last two days, that the repositioning only happens to us when we logout next to a car and probably next to each other. We tried to run away from the cars and from each other and logged out and in successfully w/o any repositionings. This is just how we handle this on the server to get not relocated after all restarts/reloggs and it works actually quite good for us. Don't know if this might be helpfully for your investigations but just wanted to let you know about this.

Back