[Rmod] NPC Patrol Script?

Cloud Filth

I've looked around a while now, haven't been able to find it. I'm sure i'm looking in the wrong places

What i'm basically looking for involves NPC"s

- Patrolling to specific markers
- Killing other survivors
- Killing zombies

And if possible at all, can NPC's steal vehicles?

I have NPCs patrolling and they shoot at survivors, not zeds, all I did was add them to the mission using the mission editor, now, there are a lot of them banned, so I only added Talibans. hope that helps.

if you edit some battleye scripts to get around some weapon and vehicle create errors and add "rmod" to both your addons and addons auto part of your mission file, Also commenting out the part of your server pbo for "killed a hacker" rmod will load banned units I have russian patrols, un patrols, and usmc patrols, each patrol syncs to an ambient combat module so that ambient combat goes on around the squads [make one of the units invincible to ensure that the module loads the entire time between server resets]

I even have an autonomous civilian transport chopper that is invincible and refuels automatically that goes between all three airfields acting as a neutral transport

what did you do to your server files and battle eye to allow the unit to be spawned in without battleye killing them?

i can spawn in units but not vehicles as they are instantly blown up from the server on restarts.

if you edit some battleye scripts to get around some weapon and vehicle create errors and add "rmod" to both your addons and addons auto part of your mission file, Also commenting out the part of your server pbo for "killed a hacker" rmod will load banned units I have russian patrols, un patrols, and usmc patrols, each patrol syncs to an ambient combat module so that ambient combat goes on around the squads [make one of the units invincible to ensure that the module loads the entire time between server resets]

I even have an autonomous civilian transport chopper that is invincible and refuels automatically that goes between all three airfields acting as a neutral transport

Thanks for the responses everyone, this sounds amazing^ - I'm guessing it will take a little work to come up with something similar, but for now going to jump right into it sometime today then I'll get back to this thread if I seem to be having any problems.

I'll go ahead and edit in some units then gander at what could be done, is this "module" found over on the BIS Site somewhere, for the "ambient combat" - I've heard there are a fair number of patrol scripts out there that can be used for DayZ

IT's been goddamn amazing.

Nice, looks great.

Do you know where I can get a script that restricts access to a spawned deployable, to only be useable by the person that spawned it.

Or perhaps something where I can assign access to a door or object through GUID

Or if neither of these can be done, is it possible at all possible to have specific server-side items assigned to only be visible by the person that placed them?

how do i get AI controlled cars into the game without the server blowing them up?

You have to edit out [or comment out] in your server pbo file "killing a hacker"
-not a good idea if you have no solid way to combat hackers-

btw MESSAGE ME FOR MY SERVER FILES ****Since my account isn't 10 days old I can't post links****

in this version I use AI units, however now I use DAC [even for air units and armor patrols] and more deeply integrated ambient combat modules.

***I will post the DAC version when I can.***

on my server I usually completely re haul everything in the mission file WEEKLY as to keep it fresh for my player base. [also ambient combat modules and the use of DAC make sure that every reset [3 times a day for my server] is completely different; no scenario is ever the same.

what else is nice, the dac and ambient combat module spawns armored vehicles, which survivors can use, however they are not saved in the database; this ensures people cannot stockpile armor.

be advised. to run something of this magnitude, you need some hefty hardware. otherwise your server will just shit.

OK. yeah ill look into that "kill a hacker" thing
yeah when you can load that mission file so i can see how you are doing the AI.

all sounds good

You find that line of code??

It is in your server pbo file. You shouldn't have a problem finding it with a little help from these forums, I know there are multiple posts about it.

I will be doing a how to this week so be on the look out, also seems like omer may have gotten the AI and zombie interaction script working [something I haven't been able to work on due to real life stuffz and a hefty ddos attack on my server] so that would be something to keep an eye out for in the next week or so

That link the modify file already or needs to be modified ? What do You guys us to open that file or can it be open and edited from notepad ++?

That link the modify file already or needs to be modified ? What do You guys us to open that file or can it be open and edited from notepad ++?

yah this stuff is much less complicated than everyone is making it out to be. READ YOUR RPT LOGS KIDS both clientside and serverside.

The link i posted has the modified fsm

Nice, looks great.

Do you know where I can get a script that restricts access to a spawned deployable, to only be useable by the person that spawned it.

Or perhaps something where I can assign access to a door or object through GUID

Or if neither of these can be done, is it possible at all possible to have specific server-side items assigned to only be visible by the person that placed them?

what your asking for requires some custom sql, i have a thread in the bliss forum requesting help with @hive which is where i need help talking to sql.

Do you happen to have a working one of these for the updated 1.7.5 version. this does not work on it. I am wanting to add Heli patrol so bad to my map but they just disappear and/or the units wont get in them when I start my server.

Also, do I need rmod to have this work? i.e. if I am just using a uh1h on a chernarus map with an ai pilot and an ai gunner, do i need rmod to get heli patrols working?

Back